SAU Community

Ebisu Spring Drift Festival

Butler

Anyone here going? Ill be there hopefully on the saturday and possibly sunday depending on how early we get up. Trying to find the easiest way to get there by car from tokyo as the trains are are a bit of a marathon.

HEehe not sure if you have heard of a thing called Golden Week, but if you think the train is going to be a marathon than you are going to love driving! But having a car for drift matsuri does make life much much easier.

But basically you just get on the Tokyo Gaikan Expressway from wherever you are in Tokyo, then change onto the Tohoku Expressway, get off at Nihonmatsu and follow the closest Silvia. I always get lost getting from Nihonmatsu to Ebisu because I am usually about to fall asleep. Also because I used the hideously inadequate map provided by Ebisu's website (see attached).

Should cost around $70 in tolls, but I stopped counting after a while I must admit.

It is 280km or so from Tokyo and should take about 6 hours give or take a couple of hours.

To save yourself a lot of heartache buy the Shobunsha Road Atlas... it won't get your to Ebisu, but it will get you to Nihonmatsu. Also buy a compass.

edit: I attached some more useful maps to get you from Nihonmatsu to Ebisu Circuit, they all show the same thing so try to overlay them. I also attached a picture of what you will see when you actually get there, as it may not be what you expect.

post-39072-1209478627_thumb.jpg

post-39072-1209480290_thumb.jpg

post-39072-1209480563_thumb.jpg

post-39072-1209480587_thumb.png

post-39072-1209480602_thumb.jpg

Edited by dr1ft.jp

• 3 weeks later...