SAU Community

Front Mounted Intercoolers

G*4Stagea

I suspect this topic has been beaten to death more than once but because we love our Stageas so much I thought I would do it again.

I am starting to explore that road of increased power for my Stagea and thinking larger (much larger than factory intercooler) front mounted intercooler is a good start.

Can anyone provide personal experiences or sound advice on brands, model numbers, fitting, etc?

I'm also in the same boat as you are G*4, getting ready to throw an intercooler into the S2.

Everyone will tell you the ones which use the stock intercooler piping are possibly the best option. Unfortunately these seem to be pretty damn expensive (1200-1500 with piping). These would be the Blitz LM and ARC models (with the ARC having a relatively thin core for the price).

Aside from that quite a few people here have just bought cheapies from justjap and are extremely happy with the results.

Currently I'm looking at a halfway approach, not too cheap, but not too expensive. The greddy/Trust M spec series look to fit the ticket; however these might need minor tweaking to fit properly (Cut a hole throw the bay in order to allow a pipe to flow through).

At the end of the day, if you don't mind a large pipe hanging over your radiator and giving you a little less room in the engine bay then you can go for any R33/R34 intercooler, but the installation may be tricky; which at the end of the day is always the issue.

I'm sure other people will be able to give you a lot more information. Intercoolers seem to be a pretty hot topic at the moment.

Edited by D3RV

James, sorry to say mate, but this is the third Intercooler thread opened in this section in less than three days.

It's best to keep all the information down to a minimum number of threads - that way all the information is kept together for easy reference for everyone.