SAU Community

Clutch Pedal Gone All Of A Sudden Whilst Driving ...

Clutch pedal gone all of a sudden whilst driving ...

Hey,

I was driving along yesterday and went to change from 2nd to 3rd when the clutch pedal just seemed to fall to the floor. Now when I push the clutch pedal down it doesn't disengage the clutch properly. I have to push the pedal as hard as i can to get the car into gear and to get it home i had to blip the rev in between shift so that it wouldn't crunch gears. It's going to Bezerkly tomorrow to get checked out just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of whats going on cause its doing my head in...

Clutch pedal gone all of a sudden whilst driving ...

Hey,

I was driving along yesterday and went to change from 2nd to 3rd when the clutch pedal just seemed to fall to the floor. Now when I push the clutch pedal down it doesn't disengage the clutch properly. I have to push the pedal as hard as i can to get the car into gear and to get it home i had to blip the rev in between shift so that it wouldn't crunch gears. It's going to Bezerkly tomorrow to get checked out just wondering if anyone could give me an idea of whats going on cause its doing my head in...

most likely your clutch master cyl is gone

change the slave cyl as well if you're doing the master cylinder

check your clutch fluid level, if it's too low then top it up, pump the pedal up and drive it carefully to the mechanics to get it fixed

the genuine master and slave cylinders aren't that expensive from nissan, so just save yourself the hassle and get new ones instead of messing around trying to rebuild/reseal the master cyl.. if the master cyl bore is scored then u've wasted your time rebuilding it

I Wish I had an easy fix like that :(

Just Pulled my slave off to change as I thought it had gone only to find that the locating/pivot bolt for the clutch fork has snapped...Yay Gearbox has to come out now :)

speaking of spot welds on the pedal brackets..

this reminded me that few days ago when my friend's r33 got broken into when parked on the streets in redfern/waterloo area

nothing was stolen, all they did was they pulled the brackets out of the accelerator pedal

and punctured one rear tyre..

when i saw it i was surprised how it didnt seem too hard to pull the bracket out... done with just a bit of leverage, force wasnt even enough to bend the bracket

with clutch pedal being heavier than accelerator, especially if you have heavy duty clutch, i guess it'll become a weak point..

why would they pull the accelerator pedal box out?

that is quite random! :thumbsup:

ya it is

and popped one of the tyres too

the parking spots close to city, on the streets, in front of some houses..

they probably didnt like him parking there so decided to do something to his car so he won't park there

whoever did it knew skylines quite well by the way it was broken into...

I Wish I had an easy fix like that :P

Just Pulled my slave off to change as I thought it had gone only to find that the locating/pivot bolt for the clutch fork has snapped...Yay Gearbox has to come out now :D

Same thing happened to my friend last weekend at DECA in Shepparton, had to drive it back to melbourne with no clutch starting it in gear. Do you know if there's anything that gets left inside the box that could be left dangling and doing damage to the inside of the gearbox?? Sorry don't mean to hijack thread..