SAU Community

How Much Fuel Does Your Beast Take?

Robs0re_34

Question guys,

Just trying to see if my car is on par with most R34 GT-T's

Going from a VS Commodore to the Skyline is a change especially in fuel.

I don’t particularly care about the fuel just the overall up keep on the car where how much fuel you go through is a usual indication.

I get around 250km (pushing it 260km)a tank on Mobile 8000 in Melbourne I live in the North & work in the Cityish location you may know it the MCG so hoddle st isn’t that bad of a start stop and is a fare length for those not in Melbourne.

Please others that read this with other cars tell me what you guys get from a tank.

Question guys,

Just trying to see if my car is on par with most R34 GT-T's

Going from a VS Commodore to the Skyline is a change especially in fuel.

I don’t particularly care about the fuel just the overall up keep on the car where how much fuel you go through is a usual indication.

I get around 250km (pushing it 260km)a tank on Mobile 8000 in Melbourne I live in the North & work in the Cityish location you may know it the MCG so hoddle st isn’t that bad of a start stop and is a fare length for those not in Melbourne.

Please others that read this with other cars tell me what you guys get from a tank.

i have a a auto r33 gtst and can quite easily get around 450ks out of tank with a mixture of normal driving plus a bit of boosting every now and then

"From a tank" is a very open statement - how much fuel are you actually putting in?

What is your actual consumption in litres per 100 km?

I have my R33 GTS-T tuned to get an amasing 10 litres / 100km (although most of this is highway running). My R33 GTR uses between 15 and 20 litres / 100km depending on how excited I get.

Fuel type can also impact your consumption, I use BP Ultimate in the GTS-T and Shell V-Power Racing (100 Octane) in the GTR.

i have a a auto r33 gtst and can quite easily get around 450ks out of tank with a mixture of normal driving plus a bit of boosting every now and then

Fark, Im lucky to get 350 / 360ks out of a full tank. I stop, start and go short distances in traffic though which obviously doesnt help :P

Thanks guys,

A Tank is 35L and after doing some tests in the old commodore and with the same driving patterns over a certain time mobil came out the victor yet to do this in the skyline.

I have the a question concerning fuel gauge in the 34, from full to 3/4 its nearly the whole tank in fuel is the gauge gone or is that the case.

1/2 to empty is around 10L

i think from memeory the r33 tank is about 63 litres or there abouts i usually fill fine when it gets to a quarter normally takes about 48 litres from there .ive only once driven it till the fuel light come on and at that stage it had done 480 ks .not sure how many litres are left when the light comes on tho

Thanks guys,

A Tank is 35L and after doing some tests in the old commodore and with the same driving patterns over a certain time mobil came out the victor yet to do this in the skyline.

I have the a question concerning fuel gauge in the 34, from full to 3/4 its nearly the whole tank in fuel is the gauge gone or is that the case.

1/2 to empty is around 10L

R34 fuel tank is 65L. So if your only putting in 35L you still have 20L sitting in the tank! Fuel light does come on fairly early in these cars....

Ave consumption for an R34GTT seems to be 14L/100kms for city driving (thats what Im getting anyway).

Wow... Read my tag for mods....

I average a tad over 500km for 49-52 litres of fuel... Go figure out the millage there!

Its how you drive it, and making sure your sensors are stuffed.... O2 sensor makes a rather big difference apparently....

GET A TUNE!!!!

Hey, I got an R34 as well.... Filled up tonight after the fuel light came on... lol

I put in $74.60 worth of BP Ultimate. At this point I had done 324Km's. Pretty crappy.

Cars a daily driver driving through traffic on the daily. Driven easy, got nothing to prove.

I read somewhere that the O2 Sensor/Oxygen sensor requires replacement after 40,000kms. Im sure someone will correct me if Im wrong.

Im hoping this will help on my next service.

I read somewhere that the O2 Sensor/Oxygen sensor requires replacement after 40,000kms.

The o2 sensors to need to be replaced every now and again... If you have a multi-meter you can check it to make sure its functioning properly. Do a search to find out how...

The other thing that kills fuel economy is having mods that the stock ECU cant understand, therefore richens everything up.

Do you have an unsheilded pod filter???

I just went through my first tank of fuel on my new 98 R34 GTT and got 340kms out of 50l of BP Ultimate. All apart from the final 50kms of high way driving, was city (stop n go) driving. So the fuel eco isn't so great but then again it's not THAT bad either as it translates to less than 15l/100kms and that's 90% city driving.

I'm getting belts replaced this friday and will ask them to hook the car up to the computer and check if everything's alright ... might get a new O2 sensor I think, but apparently those aren't cheap (was quoted $150-200)

I'm getting belts replaced this friday and will ask them to hook the car up to the computer and check if everything's alright ... might get a new O2 sensor I think, but apparently those aren't cheap (was quoted $150-200)

Anything less then 400km a tank i spretty absurd.... keep it off boost, change gears early in traffic and dont ride the clutch...

Hooking it up to the computer should allow you to check if the sensor is reading right... should tell you the volts coming out of it... And then you'll know if its stuffed or not.

Spending $150-$200 on a o2 sensor will save u money in petrol easy if its stuffed

might get a new O2 sensor I think, but apparently those aren't cheap (was quoted $150-200)

You can get a universal O2 sensor for $60 off ebay but you have to crimp the wires in to the factory wires. I bought one but havnt hooked it up yet. Another member on here has done it sucessfuly with his R34.