SAU Community

New '33!

G'day all at the SAU forums.

seems this is my first post here, il introduce myself

just bought a 1994 R33 GTS25.

met grey, dead stock (minus Blitz Nur Spec R zorst), Turbo front bar.

needs a few bits of work done to it, which il describe here

- CAI: Have already had a poke around the forums at this, shouldnt be too hard, looking to build a custom airbox for it aswell

- 5stud converstion (maybe?): How much benefit/what is requiered to perform this? im thinking if i get the GTS-T brakes then this will probly be neccesary, but correct me if im wrong

- Rims (dependant on the above): dished 5spoke of snowflake?

- GTS-T brakes: how hard would these be to track down, my brake atm are shocking. whether its just the fact they need new pads or they are too small, im still not sure. someone said that they were silvia-spec brakes, which makes me worried cos the 33 is a tad heavier...

- ABS (possible to retrofit?): would help alot with the lock ups that are way to easy to do atm. would compliment the T brakes nicely

- Full stereo system (to come much later): will discuss later

theres also other little bits and pieces like clear indicators and floormats etc, but all those things are possible wihtout much consultation, the above items i need some help on deciding on.

so yeah, thats my car, any help is appreciated :(

post-45120-1209985492_thumb.jpg

post-45120-1209985506_thumb.jpg

post-45120-1209985518_thumb.jpg

post-45120-1209985528_thumb.jpg

post-45120-1209985538_thumb.jpg

post-45120-1209985548_thumb.jpg

post-45120-1209985559_thumb.jpg

G'day all at the SAU forums.

seems this is my first post here, il introduce myself

just bought a 1994 R33 GTS25.

met grey, dead stock (minus Blitz Nur Spec R zorst), Turbo front bar.

needs a few bits of work done to it, which il describe here

- CAI: Have already had a poke around the forums at this, shouldnt be too hard, looking to build a custom airbox for it aswell

- 5stud converstion (maybe?): How much benefit/what is requiered to perform this? im thinking if i get the GTS-T brakes then this will probly be neccesary, but correct me if im wrong

- Rims (dependant on the above): dished 5spoke of snowflake?

- GTS-T brakes: how hard would these be to track down, my brake atm are shocking. whether its just the fact they need new pads or they are too small, im still not sure. someone said that they were silvia-spec brakes, which makes me worried cos the 33 is a tad heavier...

- ABS (possible to retrofit?): would help alot with the lock ups that are way to easy to do atm. would compliment the T brakes nicely

- Full stereo system (to come much later): will discuss later

Welcome!! Your car reminds me of my old gun grey 33 gts, before I kitted it, added stereo, exhaust/extractors/ CAI and Bride copy seats went into it (which I miss) Stock s13 seat is a bitch lol =)

Just upgrade to the entire GTS-T breaking/Hub/stud assembly.

You'll have bigger breaks, wider choice of wheels. Check wreckers, fs threads etc.. Pretty cheap to do if you can do the labour yourself!

Just aim for lightweight rims with a flush offset! (No dinner plate chromies)

Not sure about ABS...

Edited by ignuz

Welcome!! Your car reminds me of my old gun grey 33 gts, before I kitted it, added stereo, exhaust/extractors/ CAI and Bride copy seats went into it (which I miss) Stock s13 seat is a bitch lol =)

Just upgrade to the entire GTS-T breaking/Hub/stud assembly.

You'll have bigger breaks, wider choice of wheels. Check wreckers, fs threads etc.. Pretty cheap to do if you can do the labour yourself!

Just aim for lightweight rims with a flush offset! (No dinner plate chromies)

Not sure about ABS...

what he said!

get exhaust for it too, try the ones with big muffler rather than cannons, or it'll get too loud and drowny on na.

or just get r33 gtst exhausts for a cheap upgrade

abs is good but you'll need a lot of effort finding and installing it, maybe costly too

you'll at least need sensors on all 4 wheels, electric wiring and relay, abs assy, lines, and new brake master cyl...

probably not worth it in the end

just upgrade to gtst brakes and some nice progressive pads, and good tyres

what he said!

get exhaust for it too, try the ones with big muffler rather than cannons, or it'll get too loud and drowny on na.

or just get r33 gtst exhausts for a cheap upgrade

abs is good but you'll need a lot of effort finding and installing it, maybe costly too

you'll at least need sensors on all 4 wheels, electric wiring and relay, abs assy, lines, and new brake master cyl...

probably not worth it in the end

just upgrade to gtst brakes and some nice progressive pads, and good tyres

iv already got a Blitz cat-back exhaust, 2.5" (i think) came like that. and it sounds tuff.

ABS sounds like way too much effort...GTS-T brakes along with the 5stud conversion seems to be the way to go. would i need spacers if i go with the 5stud, and go for something along the lines of 8/8.5" width tyres?

Edited by G0DZLR

something that seems to be an issue, my aircon belt makes an intolerable scream when cold...i know this is common on older cars, but you know its kinda embarrassing when you start your car up in the main street and get that noise...

other than taking it to a service center, is there anyway of rectifying it otherwise?

tighten the belt and or belt grease with u can find at an automotive shop of somekind probly bursons

anyway welcome nice car if you cbf building a cai there a guy that sells them on ebay for gts's and the bolt straight up there abour 90$ including shipping

mm you need a set of wheels bad lol ahh well

let me kno how you go with the gtst brake conversion im pretty interested myself

• 2 weeks later...

Nice car dude :D Mate get the turbo hub\brake conversion onto it and u'll pull up great without abs... I have never not been able to pull my non abs gtst up in a hurry when needed..

Hows the standard head unit treating you? lol that would have to be one of the first things u'll change yeah? :laugh:

Nice car dude :D Mate get the turbo hub\brake conversion onto it and u'll pull up great without abs... I have never not been able to pull my non abs gtst up in a hurry when needed..

Hows the standard head unit treating you? lol that would have to be one of the first things u'll change yeah? :laugh:

yes, head unit goes, in a few months. first thing is gonna be wheels actually :P

http://www.speedywheels.com.au/images/zoom/wheels/lite-7-gunmetal.jpg

or

http://www.speedywheels.com.au/images/zoom/wheels/lite-5.jpg

note: these are if i decide to stay 4stud, which by the looks is going to be cheaper/less hassle...

Man I love your front bar any idea where the best place to get one like that?

post an add in the WTB section, im sure youl luck across one some day

can someone tell me whether a SII rear wing will fit my SI? or whether they made the SII wing in the SI and im just having a mental blank now :S im sort of over my low-rise aero wing. its either that or a lip.

Edited by G0DZLR

• 3 weeks later...

just performed my first proper mod, dual highbeams :thumbsup:

very pleased wiht this neat little mod, it really makes a HUGE difference on the open road. and its as simple as 2 solder joints xD

enjoy pics

(imo looks much better too)

post-45120-1212756628_thumb.jpg

post-45120-1212756643_thumb.jpg