SAU Community

Can Any One Help?

miss_sinista

Hi everyone,

Im new on here, my bf sinistagtst has been on here for ages but is away atm so im following his advice and coming to you guys for a little help.

I wont go into detail as im still pretty pissed off atm but long story short Im in need as a RWC asap on my skyline

As you can see from my sig its not standard and I know this is gunna cause problems getting a Road worthy

So......

Im after a mechanic preferably in the mitchelton area of brisbane to do a road worthy on the beast thats going to be a little lienient on it

If any one can help that would b much apperciated

Im feeling like a silly little girl atm with the whole deal

Cheers

Edited by miss_sinista

Do you need a RWC, or are you looking to clear a defect?

Assuming you're just after a RWC, to be honest you shouldn't have a huge issue with your car. Wind up your suspension if it's below the 100mm requirement, make sure your lights all work, pod is secured (that's sometimes enough) or in a sealed box, tyres are legal, steering wheel isn't stuffed, your gear knob has a H pattern on it, brakes work properly, it's not insanely loud etc and it should pass easily. The only issue you might have is with noise as the HKS Super Dragger isn't exactly silent. An exhaust shop should be able to put in a resonator or something for fairly cheap if you're worried about it, speak to Rob Bliss if you're northside, he's very reputable and knows his stuff.

Don't feel silly btw, you'll find most people on here are pretty understanding :dry:

hi there Bianca, well i ha a RWC done on my car after my engine was rebuilt just to see if there is any problems etc.. mines decently modded as well this fella from JD automotive (john) is fairly good doesnt pik on mods as lonng as its not leakin oil , pads are ok , pods secured , its not too low as Marc said now the charge is 120 bucks it would be more i something needsa fix i havent got his number on hand but if u look up his business name im sure u can find him in the yellow pages

P.S explain it to him why you want a RWC if its clearing a defect be clear :dry: good luck

Edited by 53XYN

thanks for your help guys!

no it hasnt been defected, basically i bought it last wk under the impression it had a rwc already.

Sill me didnt actually read it properly and it has expired so i now have to get anotherone to change it into my name......

i was also told it had 6 months rego on it and again i didnt actually read it and it is about to run out

if i had known both of these things daniel would have been able to get them sorted for me before he left but now hes away for 6 months so Im left too feel like a silly little girl and try organise it myself

Oh and to make matters worse im not from Brissy so i dont know where to start which is why this is just getting me really worked up....

grrrrr

see silly emotional female lol

Awwwwww dont feel silly!

I would also try and contact the original place that did the RWC. It might make things a little easier for you.

I bought mine from a dealer and they took care of putting it my name etc, but a friend had to do all this for her last car also so I know how annoying it is finding out the certificate has expired.

Hope it all goes smoothly!

and to make matter worse, on my way home a garbage truck ran into the front end of the skyline, no phyisical damage so i let him go but i have since taken it for a drive and i think it needs a wheel alignment....

i cant begin to explain the day i have had....

ps can any one help with putting a thermostat back in the car as well.... another long story

I hope you got the guy's details anyway? You never know what kind of damage you'll find later, something that looks like "nothing" may hide bent/broken bits. Always get details :P

Well I didnt get details....i had a blonde moment

But i have contacted the council and they have contacted the garbage company

so i should here from them soon

Because there were bent bits..... $250 later.......

Ciao

if u still looking for rwc pm and i`ll let u know where. and i have few weeks off at work and have no plans for this week so if u need any help ....i`m happy to help

cheers