SAU Community

Installing Tomei Procams, Gears, Lifters, Shims And Garrett Turbo,

Im posting this thread for everyone's knowledge on what parts to achieve what horsepower on a RB25DET since ive searched on the forum for PROCAMS and nothing came out.

So here it goes..

Ive waited 3 months for parts and headwork on my Skyline R33 RB25DET.

Currently its in a process of installing all the parts in.. finally.

Parts loaded was :

1. TOMEI PROCAMS 260 degree 10.25mm lift exhaust and intake

2. TOMEI Cam Gears

3. TOMEI 10.25 Lift Type B Valve Springs

4. TOMEI Solid Lifters

5. TOMEI Adjust Shims

6. COMETIC 1.3mm x 2 Layers

7. GARRETT GT35R Ported Shroud .82

8. Top Mount Ex. Manifold

9. TIAL 43mm Wastegate

10. HKS Type R 600x255.6x103 Intercooler

Was getting 192kw on wheels before this with stock internals.

Just a Apexi PFC, HKS 2540 Turbo, HKS Oil Cooler, HKS Intercooler (Type S), Greddy Boost Controller and Minor Upgrades.

Will keep this thread posted once the car is running and dynoed with the new parts installed. Car will be out this week. I hope...

Cheers!

hey man did u end up getting this done and what sort of number did it pull? how hard was it for the workshop to do the solid lifter conversion? expensive or what?

hey guys,

Just got the car this weekend. Car is slightly tuned for road drivability.. Havent got the time to do a full tune atm.

For the solid lifters conversion, its pretty tedious work. Shims have to be added and measured.

Im totally unsure about what CR my car is running. The car started up alright. Nice idle and timing is great. When revving, the sound is awesome!

On higher RPM it sounds sharper, no joke but it sounds close to a Ferrari. =)

Im worried my oil pump will give way one day but will change it soon to accomadate the revs.

The turbine spools great. I just dont know how to put everything together. But everything just sound crazy guys!! The turbine has a pretty much like an aircraft spooling sound.

Hope to get my car tune tommorrow and will post up the numbers soon! Keep watching guys!

Cheers!

I can feel boost coming from 3300 rpm onwards.

No lag, nothing. Its insane to hear the turbo spools and the power is just crazy.

The turbo is a Garrett GT35R with ported shroud. I was worried when i installed the turbo because of lag.

But everything is going on well.

I can feel boost coming from 3300 rpm onwards.

No lag, nothing. Its insane to hear the turbo spools and the power is just crazy.

The turbo is a Garrett GT35R with ported shroud. I was worried when i installed the turbo because of lag.

But everything is going on well.

what you mean by ported shroud? Im assuming modified comp cover? And this gives hks spooling sound?

• 3 weeks later...
Am I reading this right, 2.6mm of gasket? What CR you getting with this?

cant be, i reckon he meant 1.3mm multi layer. 2.6mm would be shouse.

• 7 months later...

Did you ever get this tuned??? Am looking into bigger cams and solid lifter conversion at the moment.

Have Tomei 256 cams already. And have just has some issues on the tune with my 25/30 and had a rattle thru the top end after a few power runs @ 8200rpm.

What is the cost for a solid lifter setup???