SAU Community

My Rs Four Stagea

driftbaby

Good Day ,

Just Picked up my Stagea RS Four from the work shop,bought the car for my wife.It's a 1997 (R33) twin sunroof,automatic very standard when i got it.Put my standard GTR R 32 brakes on it upgraded to braided lines stops quite well now.Put in a full Nismo 3" exhaust system including dump pipe(got it second hand) changed to K&N high flow Fliters,car is breathing and expleling air much better.The car is running a rear 255 and 235 front tyre set up on 17" rims.

The reason a put up this post is because I need help in finding some parts for the car and assistance on my suspension set up.

The car came in without the rear spoiler and the grill badges can anybody assist me in finding a shop in Victoria that carries these parts or direct me to a on-line shop.

You Guys here at Skyline Australia ha been a great help with my GTR R32,THANKS

look foward to your advice with my STAGEA

Is it RWD only? The tyre sizes would indicate a possible difference in rolling diameters.

I just got a standard spoiler from Nizz Pro here in Ashmore. If you get a stock type I can PM on how to fit.

search Yahoo Japan for bits n pieces (wont find stuff in shops)

and ask Slidewize (trader section) to bid for them on your behalf

change the tyres, if AWD, to be equal, or you'll have an Very Expensive attessa repair issue

You can have wider tyres on the front and rear so long a the rolling diameters are the same. he meantioned it was an RS Four, so I'd assume AWD.

Thanks Guys for the advice,the car comes with a switch either for AWD or rear wheel drive only operations,I am currently running on rear wheel drive,plan to change all tyres to 235-45-17.

Thanks Guys for the advice,the car comes with a switch either for AWD or rear wheel drive only operations,I am currently running on rear wheel drive,plan to change all tyres to 235-45-17.

Wot switch?????

It's installed to the fuse of the FWD, anyway all tyres are of 45 profile and rims are 17" rolling diameter not affected

The transfer case is setup for AWD.

Even if all tyres are of the same profile, the 45 represents % of width, not tyre height. Differences in widths equal different rolling diameters.

The transfer case is setup for AWD.

Even if all tyres are of the same profile, the 45 represents % of width, not tyre height. Differences in widths equal different rolling diameters.

• 3 weeks later...
Good Day ,

Just Picked up my Stagea RS Four from the work shop,bought the car for my wife.It's a 1997 (R33) twin sunroof,automatic very standard when i got it.Put my standard GTR R 32 brakes on it upgraded to braided lines stops quite well now.Put in a full Nismo 3" exhaust system including dump pipe(got it second hand) changed to K&N high flow Fliters,car is breathing and expleling air much better.The car is running a rear 255 and 235 front tyre set up on 17" rims.

The reason a put up this post is because I need help in finding some parts for the car and assistance on my suspension set up.

The car came in without the rear spoiler and the grill badges can anybody assist me in finding a shop in Victoria that carries these parts or direct me to a on-line shop.

You Guys here at Skyline Australia ha been a great help with my GTR R32,THANKS

look foward to your advice with my STAGEA

Rear Spoiler and badges are no problem to send direct from Japan to you within 21 days. Just have a look at our site for more info.

It's installed to the fuse of the FWD, anyway all tyres are of 45 profile and rims are 17" rolling diameter not affected

this switch is the same as pulling the fuse,good idea,which is good but according to threads on this and peoples experiences it is bad for a few things/clutch packs(am i right anyone) and shafts etc,just in case you are new to stags and didnt already know,could be wrong just my knowledge

Bad idea with this switch. Its fine for R32GTR's (and R32 GTS4's too I'd guess) where you can just pull a fuse or hook up a switch but any attessa system based on R33 upwards you need to remove the front drive shaft to run in RWD safley. When you just pull the fuse (or switch, same thing) there is still residual (spelling :) ) pressure in the system causing the clutch packs to sill engage which will cause them to burn out = expensive repair. For short amounts of time it'd be ok but there have been other forum members that have had this happen just on 2WD dyno runs. Anyone correct me if I'm wrong but pretty sure this is correct!