SAU Community

RB20DE v's RB25DE

Nah thinking of getting one of them, currently got a slow ass KN13 Nissan Exa with the CA18DE.

So in terms of insurance wats the best deal in town? By the way i'm 21 next month, with no accident just one or two speeding fines and have been driving for 2 half years. And the R33 will b an N/A not the turbo ones.

ight thanx alot.

rb25de is a great engine - i love it - more driveable day to day i reckon than turbo laggin around the place - but i do a lot of driving so that suits me...

the rb20de was only in the r32 to my knowledge - for god's sake don't buy a factory r33 rb20 cos its an rb20e - nasty horrible piece of crap they made for company fleet cars for fuel economy and nothing more - produces something like 97 or 105kW believe it or not its true cos i almost bought one by accident! these things should be sold for no more than 10 grand they are that shit! i test drove one and it had only a little more go than an old 3 series bmw (my previous car) hehehe

by the way - with insurance expect to pay thru the arse until you're much older unless youve got a wicked rating somehow or live in a good risk suburb or insure 3rd party - its not much extra for the turbo so think about that (although turbo theoretically requires much more $$$ to keep running so no good for budget - i like my na 5spd auto - it does 550 - 600kms on a tank of ultimate/optimax hwy driving)

The RB20DE is a good engine, revs hard, and produces around 105kw at the engine, nice figures but nothing brialliant for a 2.0L.

the RB25DE makes 142kw, which is quite a healthy figure for any 2.5L, the first of the porche boxters had a 2.5L and that made 150kw, just for reference sake.

Now, think about this, there is rougly say 40kws difference in engine power, not that much these days.

But try getting an RB20DE to make 142 kws whle been n/a, it wont be fun or easy or worthwhile.

bad thing about an Rb25de, is that it will almost be certain to be accompanied with an R33 body, a small number of Rb25's came in the lighter R32