SAU Community

R34 Crash

R34P3R

Have you tried saying to the comp you will sue them for the damages, If its a comp car and the owner doesnt cough up, Im sure the comp has to pay... I read it up somewhere cant think of where tho

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep notes of all of your costs that you rack up because you are without the use of your car, preferably with receipts, including bus fares/ train fares / taxi fares (if you can bring yourself to use one) / hire car. Indicate to your insurance company that you will want to claim for those costs against the b'stard. They will probably say that is up to you to pursue, but if you are lucky, your insurance policy might cover some of these things.

The guy has committed an offence by leaving the scene of the accident. So the cops should be aiming to charge him - so ask them to confirm they will pursue that.

Write to the taxi company informing them of your losses and your intention to claim compensation for any non-insured costs (like your excess, plus bus fares / hire car, etc) and additional compensation for trauma and inconvenience. Better still, get a lawyer to take on the matter. With an excess of $2,500 you have at least 2,500 reasons to get a lawyer.

By the way, you did hurt yourself in the accident, didn't you? You must have sprained your thumb on the steering wheel and suffered whiplash or other injuries that only come out some time after the accident. Always claim you are hurt in an accident, because then the cops have to put in a report and there is more pressure on them to charge the wrong-doer.

Your thumb looks really bad to me!

Cheers. :D

yea I hurt my back and neck and i havent worked since the accident... thought having paid leave would be fun but its pretty boring when you dont have a car to go out with

yea I hurt my back and neck and i havent worked since the accident... thought having paid leave would be fun but its pretty boring when you dont have a car to go out with

So have you been to the Doctor or Physio? If not, go and see one. Because then it is recorded that you have suffered an injury as a result of the accident, which is needed if you are to claim compensation.

By the way, I am sure a lawyer can help you extract something from the taxi company. If the guy is going around in a vehicle flying their colours, then they must take some responsibility. Mind you, since when has the law been sensible!

Cheers. :D

yea doctors sent me to physio that helps a bit but still hurting :D

if the cops cant find they guy or if he doesnt pay then money from the taxi money will be good for paying for the repairs/insurance

• 4 weeks later...

update.

i've talked to the repairer and my car should be ready to pick up sometime next week :banana: but they can't find any rims to replace the damaged one so they have welded it back up and are putting it back on. do you guys/girls know what would be the best place to try and find them? the repairer said they are "japanese racing brand copy" but seeing the rims came from japan i dont know if they are real or not.

I've also talked to the cop and it took them 3 weeks for my file to be given to a station to be investigated but it wont get investigated for a while coz they are still looking into stuff from february :)

still stuck with a 3grand excess bill :D

• 3 weeks later...

i got my car back and they screwed me!! the left wheels not straight.. the gap between the guard is so tiny so when i turn it grinds on the little pod-skirt.. :D now they say bring it back and they will fix it... friend looked at it and he said the k frames bent and it would take like 3 weeks to replace it and stuff.....

and i got pulled over last night for speeding... the cop gets to my car and starts yelling... then he threatened me with his dog?? lol Cop:"do you hear my friend there? he does not like it when i get pissed off" me:"is that a threat?" Cop:"no but if you want i can take you to the stationa nd explain a bit more". but i was speeding on the fw so it was my fault but he was pretty funny. at teh end he ended up not giving me a ticket

man thats f*kd sorry hear, then ya get pulled for speeding and get hurt!! fark poor bloke!

my mate had a taxi driver smash into his rear and got paid 14k in damages to his arm, so id suggest going to a lawyer and doctor, might aswell weedle money from them for future mods!! hahahha

as it is illegal to turn left into a right hand lane on a dual carraigeway.

No it aint! the law changed and the sections that other guy posted are applicable when you are turning from one of a number of lanes than turn left onto another road.

When you are at a stop sign or give way sign to a dual or multicarriage lane road and there are NO solid whitelines on the road you are turning into, you can go into which ever lane you want.

He was probably NOT the taxi plate license holder, some cousin or other, and probably did not have his license......

owner onus will get the actual owner, the taxi number will be sufficient to ID him and then he will get royally f**ked for leaving the scene of an accident.

Finally the taxi's are owned by the drivers not the company itself, the company is the principal contractor, the drivers are subcontractors. the company is not liable for shit

Edited by R34kid

No it aint! the law changed and the sections that other guy posted are applicable when you are turning from one of a number of lanes than turn left onto another road.

When you are at a stop sign or give way sign to a dual or multicarriage lane road and there are NO solid whitelines on the road you are turning into, you can go into which ever lane you want.

Um, care to back that up with something a little more substantial than just an open statement like that? Apart from the fact that if there was any abiguity at all in this situation, there is no way in hell the insurance company would have just rolled over, like I said in my OP, there are the sections and subsections of the road traffic act 2000. If you have anything that proves to the opposite I would love to see it

..... the Drivesafe book states in section 3.14.4

Turning at a multi-lane intersection

When turning at a multi-lane intersection:

move into the correct lane early, do not change lanes at

the last moment;

do not cross unbroken lane lines (unless you are driving

a vehicle 7.5 metres long or longer and you cannot turn

from within a single lane);

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/lic_drivesafebook_part3.pdf

cut and past that into your browser and look at page 30

Also, acording to the Road Traffic Act (2000) Part 4 Division 1 Sub section 21

21. Left turns (multiple lanes) (1) A driver turning left at an intersection or a roundabout from a multi-lane carriageway shall approach and enter the intersection or roundabout from within the left lane unless :

(a) the driver is required or permitted to approach and enter the intersection from within another marked lane under regulation 69, 73, or 137;

(b) the driver is turning, at B lights or traffic arrows, in accordance with Part 17; or

© subregulation (2) applies to the driver.

as seen here

http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/statutes/regs.nsf...1a?OpenDocument

Mate you are quoting irrelevant sections. The fact that I am a licensed motorcycle instructor that teaches this shit makes me able to say what I said and know I am right.

Your first highlighted section:

Move into the correct lane early does not mean turn into the left lane, it means turn into the lane most correct for where you intend to travel. For example if you were turning left into a dual lane carriage way and immediately wanted to turn right into a street 15 metres down the road, you would not turn into the left lane, indicate for 30 metres, change lane and then miss your turn, you would pull straight into the right hand lane when safe to do so.

Your second section: DO NOT CROSS UNBROKEN LANE LINES (ie these are the SOLID WHITE LINES on the 10 metres approaching an intersection) in 99% of cases, including in the intersection in question, on the opposite side of the intersection, there are only broken white lines.

The next section to which you refer deals with turning left from a multilanes, ie turning from a multilane carriage way. Ie when two lor more anes approach a roundabout or an intersection and you want to turn left, you should be in the left lane of the road you are travelling ON not the one you are TURNING into...... UNLESS two or more of the multilanes turn left in which case you can be in either lanes (eg left turn onto Tonkin from end of Leach and any number of Freeway entries.

Again not applicable here, the taxi turned into a multilane carriageway not from it.

Edited by R34kid

• 3 weeks later...

so you guys will never guess what i saw... a dumbass magna driving erratically on the freeway he passed me going over 100 in the 80 zone over the bridge right into the back of another car and speed off. the back bumper of the magna was ripped off and boot was loose and open before the crash. but thats not what i'm refering to. on my way back after dropping my gf off i saw a car tailgating me a bit. so when we got the the light there was 2 turning lanes and i knew it was a taxi so i stopped a bit early to see the number plate and its the same plates as the one that caused my accident ;) i thought about following him and then decking him when he stopped but decided to just go home and calmly. got a clear look at the car this time campany is White eagle M C taxi.. got a phone number for them too...

still kinda angry

• 1 month later...

been working alot and havent had a chance to come down. the work on the car isnt finished yet but i will bring it down when i get it back

Edited by R34P3R