SAU Community

R34 Crash

R34P3R

I was driving home from morely down Tonkin in the right lane on the section before it become Reid hw i crash. It was on the intersection of Benara rd and Tonkin lights weren't amber or big warning lihts weren't flashing, lights were green, not speeding going 90 althougt it turns into a 80 zone for that section. I had already passed the light when a tarago taxi van comes out and instead of going into the empty left lane he cross's straight into the right lane by the time i started to brake it was too late the left side hit his car and pushed mine into the side kerb and sent me sliding in the middle sandy section.

the car behind us saw everything stopped and rushed to see if i was alright. the taxi came to a stop a few metres ahead of mine with a blown tyre and little dent on his side. he doesnt say anything come out of his cab look around my car, once i got out of my car he got back into his and drove off without a word no sorry or giving me his details. the witness got his taxi number but no rego.

now i have to wait for the cops to call me with his details before i can make a claim, insurance says without the other guys details i will have to pay the excess fees.

damage on the left side only. the left rims all cracked up. the left bar holding the wheels straight is bent. left fender

dsc01019eh6.jpg

dsc01021wt5.jpg

dsc01020bc3.jpg

dsc01023lu3.jpg

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that scum sucking, son of a motherless sh1tbag!!!!!

*fights rage*

*loses battle*

Jezus H Kerist on a tricycle, what the hell was wrong with stopping? Its pretty obvious by his taking off that he knows he is gonna wear that, as it is illegal to turn left into a right hand lane on a dual carraigeway. I hope he gets the rough end of a pineapple from the taxi company. Any chance of sharing his taxi number?

(I got cleaned up on my pushbike by a taxi once, and he did the same thing, but no one got his number and I ended up with a destroyed $1500 bike and 3 weeks off work...)

I almost got into the same thing as you the other day, except with a double carriage trailer. Bloody kent just turned into my lane and lucky there wasnt any cars on the right lane or I wouldve got sandwiched. And he only hit the signals when he was halfway into my lane :) After that he had the nerve to keep f*cking honking at me too, where I handed him the middle finger salute

thanks guys... i dont want to be billed for something that wasnt my fault =[

it was a white tarago taxi number was 3002. should have a dent on the right side

Edited by blazindragon

*fights rage*

*loses battle*

Jezus H Kerist on a tricycle, what the hell was wrong with stopping? Its pretty obvious by his taking off that he knows he is gonna wear that, as it is illegal to turn left into a right hand lane on a dual carraigeway. I hope he gets the rough end of a pineapple from the taxi company. Any chance of sharing his taxi number?

(I got cleaned up on my pushbike by a taxi once, and he did the same thing, but no one got his number and I ended up with a destroyed $1500 bike and 3 weeks off work...)

dale - in a dual carriage way if the little dotted lines indicate otherwise then you can pull out and go into the left or right lane

but, he should have indicated and looked carefully b4 he did so

damn..real unlucky there..but thankfully no one was injured or something..hope you'll be able to track down that guy and get some money back..:(

some ppl should not be allowed to drive eh, sorry to hear about that bro, same thing happened to me almost, but my damage was a little worse... needed new headlight and front quarter.... not cheap on a 34...

taxi always seem to b the worst when it comes to accidents...

quite a few of my friends had accidents with them,, and either they dont bother stopping... or they keep delaying the whole pay out with insurance...

I mean come on.. its only a few hundred bucks excess for third party.. so just pay up!

Stingy bastards.

should have done a terminator, ran after that mofo, morphed your arm into a metal spike and jumped onto the back of it and f**ked his shit up!!

yes, i condone road rage!! especially against fob taxis

dale - in a dual carriage way if the little dotted lines indicate otherwise then you can pull out and go into the left or right lane

but, he should have indicated and looked carefully b4 he did so

dude - considering you got your licence a lot more recently than me, you should remember that the Drivesafe book states in section

Turning at a multi-lane intersection

When turning at a multi-lane intersection:

move into the correct lane early, do not change lanes at

the last moment;

do not cross unbroken lane lines (unless you are driving

a vehicle 7.5 metres long or longer and you cannot turn

from within a single lane);

http://www.dpi.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/lic_drivesafebook_part3.pdf

cut and past that into your browser and look at page 30

Also, acording to the Road Traffic Act (2000) Part 4 Devision 1 Sub section 21

21. Left turns (multiple lanes) (1) A driver turning left at an intersection or a roundabout from a multi-lane carriageway shall approach and enter the intersection or roundabout from within the left lane unless :

(a) the driver is required or permitted to approach and enter the intersection from within another marked lane under regulation 69, 73, or 137;

(b) the driver is turning, at B lights or traffic arrows, in accordance with Part 17; or

© subregulation (2) applies to the driver.

as seen here

http://www.slp.wa.gov.au/statutes/regs.nsf/c730e0b0cac4b4f8c82573ed001ddf4f/258e655840480e5748256f180026181a?OpenDocument

*fights rage*

*loses battle*

hahaha, that gave me a good laugh :D

on topic, sorry to hear about that, its amazing how he pulled over, then decided all is well and took off.

Useless prick