SAU Community

Car Keeps Dieing!

Hey guys.. Something is fcked with my car.. It was completely perfect till last nite when i booted it to 150km.. Since then whenever i go into neutral the car just shuts off.. The only way i can avoid is when changing gears rev it or change gears really fast and let go without holding the clutch in at all.. coz as soon as i push the clutch in the rev's just go all the way down and the car switches off.. Its pretty dangerous since i happend when i was going 50 down a small hill i usually go in neutral down a hill and then just brake.. but then the car switched off and u know how the steering wheel pretty much locks up when that happens.. So now whenever i stop i have to keep revving so the car doesnt die!

Anyone know wtf happend and what it could be?

Thanks

Feels okay to drive when i normally drive (until i push the clutch in then it all goes to shit)

I gave it a bit after it started not finding idle and it boosted fine and felt fine.. just the idling issue is making the car like shit i think..

reset stock ecu (search to find out how to do it)

if that doesnt clear it go see a mechanic

ensure you are using an atmo bov - check you have the std one setup

My BOV is blocked and my AFM is moved into my cooler piping and i have a dose pipe attached to the turbo.. But this never caused me problems before its only when i booted it to 150km/h last night..

Attached a few pics of the drive bay

post-42730-1211517652_thumb.jpg

post-42730-1211517661_thumb.jpg

post-42730-1211517675_thumb.jpg

post-42730-1211517688_thumb.jpg

Ahhh fixed it.. Reset the ECU didnt do anything.. turns out the cap blew off the BOV thingy when i booted it.. Went down to the mechanics and he just chucked a new rubber on it with a bolt.. Easy 2 min fix for free :bunny:

post-42730-1211522157_thumb.jpg

Edited by cosmokram3r