SAU Community

Brand New T3/t4 External Gated 600hp Turbo (t04e)

hmmm.. i would be somewhat more convinced it was a useable turbo if it had atlest been simulated and balanced... as they do in the Garrett factory..... can you say or prove that it has been? (might help you sell it- just looking out for ya)

I believe that is a major floor of some of the cheaper turbos... among other things, that is what can cause it to shatter after 100km.. but if it has indeed been through Garrett it should be balanced and safer.

Adam

so garrett are selling their turbo's for <$900 now?

gee i feel so ripped off after paying $3000 for my hks turbo when i could have had all the performance out of a $300 ebay job :laugh:

its mind boggling that people are so daft. its a bush bearing turbo and i was talking in relation to a garret bush bearing turbo that would set u back about $800 roughly. and ill be honnest not that hks dont make a good product but if you payed $3000 just for a turbo on its own they seen you coming :laughing-smiley-014: . People can critisize as much as they want but at the end of the day you have to look at it this way a $3000 turbo on a standard car big deal------or------$300 dollar on a turbo and $2700 on other parts like a power fc, boost controler, injectors, and a fuel pressure reg, get a bucket load more power and peel the tread off your tyres.at the end of the day you would have a faster car --- or --- you pay $3000 dollars and have a big $3000 dollar lump of metal with hks stamped on it just for a bit of toss factor! just so you can say i have a HKS turbo ...all show and no go lmfao... personally id prefer the power (because im not a idiot).

now im going to say this nicely if you are going to say something stupid and idiodic than a post like this will follow showing how little you know. if you want to talk about a car mechanically by all means do so if your damn sure you know what your talking about, if you dont then dont say anything because it just makes you look like an idiot.

i have used them before ive never seen one shit itself after 100km. the easy way to tell if a turbo is going to be good turbo is if you look at the turbine wheel and look at how they have ground the bolt to balance it. a poor qualit one would have a large amount ground out to balance it due to the inconsistancys in the density of the metal and its poor quality. a good quality turbo that is manufactured well shouldnt have to have much ground off to balance it because its pretty well balanced. this princible is pretty much a rule of thum for picking any new turbo because if they grind alot off it weakens the turbine and can cause it to fail. this principle is the same with any turbo. i have seen brand name turbos fail in 5 mins due to from the facrory they were a poor build due to inferiour componants and they had a crap load cut out of the turbine bolt to balance them in witch case was its demise. this might not be relevent to my turbo but it is some usefull knowledge.

Edited by MR FLWLSS

Whoever thinks these turbo's are made in the same factory as Garrett, ARE f**kING KIDDING THEMSELVES!!!!

Mr FLWLSS, these turbos are a chinese knockoff off Garrett. They will not last PERIOD! If you're lucky, on low low boost, you can have on up to a few years. Who buys a T3/T4 for low boost? Just face it, you got suckered in buying a plastic turbo and want to get rid of it. I'd put it back up on ebay and wait for another sucker to buy it.

PS. The specs that are given on ebay turbo's and intercoolers are laughable..600hp??? hahahaha

I have yet to see this turbo do that! hahaha

they are made in same factory they are just a factory second cause its on the id plate they say it. well i have seen one of these turbos run 22psi on a vl commodore and thats hit 354rkw and the car was for sale on ebay and the turbo as still fine. well work this out whats 354kw in hp? its 474.36 hp so thats not bad for a cheap turbo why pay $3000 for a huge name brand and get the same result? and the intercoolers on ebay are good they are made out of the same stuff as other intercoolers i have a blitz cooler on my car and the one i brought for my gf from ebay is a far better cooler flows a lot better then mine does, so its nice to have all the big brand stuff but why pay for it if you dont have to and get the same result at the end of the day. i got one of these turbos on mine and its running fine and thats not on LOW BOOST either. and i have hit 220rwk out of this turbo on 12psi so whats the go there? so what happens if i upped the boost more? MORE POWER isnt it NABSAX???? i bet ya my crappy turbo would kick ya cars ass. it would be silly if they didnt balance the turbos before they came out of the factory cause they would have alot of people going back all the time and they would have to close down in the end. hey nabsax if ya thinks its made out of plastic pick it up in ya hand and ya will find out that its not so ya might wanna pull ya hand out of ya ass first

Edited by madevo3

here here. i have to say it i cant belive the ignorance of some f**kin close minded f**kwits. Seriously nabsax do you have a brain. no thats right by the sounds of it, it went out the door with your wallet. let me fill you in nabsax on a little secret........ The Garret turbo company is owned by Honeywell industries and the main processing plants for the parts and its assembly line is in china due to it cost less in manufacturing costs. these parts are not just exclusive to the garret turbo co, they are also supplyed to other manufactuers around the world in different feilds of the automotive industry ranging from light vehicle to earth moving equiptment, plant macinery and marine, secondly any hp rating on a turbo is rated on the amount of air it can flow relevent to horse power. results vary due to the build and tune of the motor. your another idiot who hides behind a keyboard who thinks he is gods gift to cars and automotive technical knowledge.....NEWS FLASH YOUR NOT!!!! You should find something better to do then make yourself look like an idiot. oh and FYI if it doesnt sell it will be going on the RB25DET that im building up to go into my GQ patrol. i just put it up for sale because its going to be a while before the rb goes into the patrol. i have no reservations about using it, i have used one before on my sr20det that i had before and it was running 16psi and producing close to 189kw on a standard motor all the motor had was a fuel presure reg a large fuel pump a full exhaust system and a front mount intercooler and a damn good tune. if i had of done more like cams and stuff that sr would have had a bundle more power.

Edited by MR FLWLSS

Also allow me to post these pictures straight from the garret website. the part that makes the turbo im selling unlike a garret is the turbine housing however these units are sold by garret to other companys like JJR and that asemble them with there own rear housing and in some cases just the centers are sold and companys put there own front and rear housings like HKS. and yes some are factory seconds sold cheaper due to the componants pacaging being dammaged in transit. these factory seconds are assebled by other companys and then sold at a cheaper price under the companys own name like Monsta Performance(i.e. the so called plastic turbos) . A pefect example of re-badging a product is the Toyota Lexen and the Holden Commodore, Same Damn Car different Badge, Same product but with a different badge. Any how These pictures are examples straight from honeywell and can be found at www.turbobygarret.com and there are also some jjr example that can be found at just jap at the end of the your all arguing over a bage. but hay whatever helps you sleep at night.

post-40206-1213891982_thumb.jpg

post-40206-1213892310_thumb.jpg

post-40206-1213892364_thumb.jpg

post-40206-1213892713_thumb.jpg

post-40206-1213895010.jpg

post-40206-1213895031.jpg

post-40206-1213895057.jpg

Edited by MR FLWLSS

madevo3. Your lame! as are your pathetic comments. 'I'l bet my car kicks your cars ass'. You sound like your 12. I cant even begin to tell you how pathetic you sound.

Mr Flwss. Dont even bother talking to me about turbo quality. For you to think these turbos are great just proves how little you know quality turbos or anything for that matter. They are cheap for a reason and these companies are filthy rich because of your stupidity and ignorance, and they are laughing at you, as i am too. Just continue thinking that these 'monsta' turbos are the same as a genuine Garrett and will last as long as one. I cant even be bothered wasting another minute of my life arguing with you. End of story.

Good luck with the sale (if it sells hahaha) and I hope another sucker like you purchases it from you to complete the never ending circle of morons getting jibbed

i am going to use the turbo myself and the turbo is no longer for sale due to people like nabsax who are f**kin idiots who hide behind there key board and think there all that. nabsax your an idiot and just to prove a point i have dismantled the front of the turbo just so i can show you something you f**king moron look whats stamed in the compressor housing. most of turbo failure are caused by DIY Morons such as yourself with no clue about what they are doing that run the wrong size oil restrictor, have the turbo drain in a f**k wit of a position that compromises oil flow and yes i have seen one case where a diy f**kwit put the water and oil lines the wrong way around and others that have not put the water lines on at all and have cracked the bearing housing. its these idiots who do stupid things with items such as this turbo that give it a bad name the most common cause of these turbos to fail is the fact that people fit them with the factory oil line that has a restrictor in the banjo fitting either in the block side or at the turbo end of the oil feed line and some times it in the banjo bolts or the block itself. a spannner is a bad tool in the hands of the wrong person. then its up to people like myself to fix the problems they cause. oh i have also included a picture of something you dont have. im a qualified and registerd motor vehicle mechanic and i also have a licence to repair motor vehicles you are a key board mechanic.(i.e. your a f**king moron with no f**king idea of what your talking about who hides behind a key board! at least you can take pride nabsax in the fact that you know how to read a brochure) END OF DISCUSDSION MORON!!!!!!!

post-40206-1213937118_thumb.jpg

post-40206-1213937135_thumb.jpg

post-40206-1213937162_thumb.jpg

Edited by MR FLWLSS

its mind boggling that people are so daft. its a bush bearing turbo and i was talking in relation to a garret bush bearing turbo that would set u back about $800 roughly. and ill be honnest not that hks dont make a good product but if you payed $3000 just for a turbo on its own they seen you coming :laughing-smiley-014: . People can critisize as much as they want but at the end of the day you have to look at it this way a $3000 turbo on a standard car big deal------or------$300 dollar on a turbo and $2700 on other parts like a power fc, boost controler, injectors, and a fuel pressure reg, get a bucket load more power and peel the tread off your tyres.at the end of the day you would have a faster car --- or --- you pay $3000 dollars and have a big $3000 dollar lump of metal with hks stamped on it just for a bit of toss factor! just so you can say i have a HKS turbo ...all show and no go lmfao... personally id prefer the power (because im not a idiot).

now im going to say this nicely if you are going to say something stupid and idiodic than a post like this will follow showing how little you know. if you want to talk about a car mechanically by all means do so if your damn sure you know what your talking about, if you dont then dont say anything because it just makes you look like an idiot.

id rather a $3000 lump of metal with a Brand name stamped on it and know that i have a reliable turbo, id hate to throw $2700 into my engine then find my $300 turbo has just shit the front shaft and put metal shavings right through the motor... maybe its just me?? :S

Mr Flwss, It's not hard for chinese companies to stamp fake names on compressor housings. Chinese imitation companies do it all the time on bov's an coolers!

Whooptie shit if it was genuine garrett. Its only the f**king compressor housing! they are the part that i'm least worried about. And no they aren't failing due to idiots leaving in the oil restrictor, they are failing coz they are shit! Period. If you want to believe it's the same as a garrett or garrett clone like turbonetics and airesearch, go ahead if it makes you sleep at night.

nabsax you are a f**khead. these turbos are probably not genuine garrets but why pick the shit out of the poor guy who is trying to sell it? maybe the chinese do that about stamping fake names on them but who no's what ya buying from there then all the stuff ya could buy from there could be fake then? and for cef11e ya say dont sell crap on here!!! have a look on here mate there is f**king crap on here for sale everywhere!hey nabsax when ya direct a point to MRFLWLSS make sure ya get his name right and not wrong idiot!!! hey MRFLWLSS just keep it for ya self to stop all the sooks on here man it might not be the best turbo at the end of the day but if it does the job thats all whats matters. and r32 skyline was voted best car of all time? there is lot better cars out there,donrt get me wrong they are a nice car cause i have got one but they are over rated