SAU Community

Defected

Pauly33GTS-t

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cutting a hole through the side of the engine bay wall is that really a defect?

it shouldn't be, i cut a hole in mine for the cooler and it passed regency.

lol @ the mallala defects, counted like 12 bikes, 4 patrol cars & 2 undercovers??? Drove past in a stock 1989 Charade! Didnt seem to have any hassle, alot of cars were pulled in with bonnets up though. Then on port wakefield road got pased at about 160kmph multiple times by people in cars that look like their about to blow up!

Pitty they were pinging people in the middle of no-where going to a legal raceway meet. Not very friendly if you ask me. If i didnt smash my 33 up into a million pieces it would probably be defected by now.

No no, no GReddy coil overs, just springs at the moment, im pissing them off as quick as i can now.

Basically major shit I gotta do is the BOV, the ride height, the wheels and the intercooler. the ride height will take the longest, and I reckon ill have 2-3 weeks to do it all so I think I should be fine with all the help you guys are giving me.

lol @ the mallala defects, counted like 12 bikes, 4 patrol cars & 2 undercovers??? Drove past in a stock 1989 Charade! Didnt seem to have any hassle, alot of cars were pulled in with bonnets up though. Then on port wakefield road got pased at about 160kmph multiple times by people in cars that look like their about to blow up!

Pitty they were pinging people in the middle of no-where going to a legal raceway meet. Not very friendly if you ask me. If i didnt smash my 33 up into a million pieces it would probably be defected by now.

haha did anyone else see the 80's rusty brown corrola with the massive dished rims hanging out the gaurds pulled over lol?they just pulled that guy and a guy in a vl como with rust faling out of it over when me in my 33 with a full kit and lowerd etc drove through with a s14...i think i was lucky :)

Police officer added "You and your mates must be really unhappy with us defecting your little drifting event, we must have got 50 cars..."

Dunno what he was talking about, but i guess hes still feeling some sort of pump from defecting a lot of imports.

that cheeky mother f**ker! what do they think they are doing with this?

Says you got Greddy coil overs in your signature. Coil overs at Regency are a big NO NO i believe.

nothing wrong with coilovers, otherwise stock skylines wouldnt be legal. the adjustability is the issue, my bilstein shocks and king springs passed regency, i just put a sleeve over the circlip grooves which allowed height adjustment.

sorry to hear of your misfortune Pauly

interesting who did this for you, and they fell for that

nothing wrong with coilovers, otherwise stock skylines wouldnt be legal. the adjustability is the issue, my bilstein shocks and king springs passed regency, i just put a sleeve over the circlip grooves which allowed height adjustment.

Also dont understand about blow off valves when your allowed to have them in japan and they are the cleanest country in the world and also why are drift cars allowed to have blow off valves if it does shit to the atmosphere as i have been told also from a cop.

ehm... the funny thing about ADR's is that they only apply in australia, ADR's dont apply so much in japan.

who'da thunkit.

another funny thing, road registered cars in australia have to comply with ADR's. i know! outrageous eh?

any turbo car can have a blow off valve, as long as its a recirculating type. im going to assume you mean the atmospheric venting variety. yeah, theyre not legal. why? as ruby said, noise pollution. they also vent crankcase gasses to atmo (although, im not entirely sure if thats true), and are, therefor, disallowed by ADR's.

why can drift cars have atmo valves? because most arent road registered id say. and being un-registered, they can get away with all sorts of shit. being trailered to and from events sorta does that.

Edited by scandyflick

ehm... the funny thing about ADR's is that they only apply in australia, ADR's dont apply so much in japan.

who'da thunkit.

another funny thing, road registered cars in australia have to comply with ADR's. i know! outrageous eh?

any turbo car can have a blow off valve, as long as its a recirculating type. im going to assume you mean the atmospheric venting variety. yeah, theyre not legal. why? as ruby said, noise pollution. they also vent crankcase gasses to atmo (although, im not entirely sure if thats true), and are, therefor, disallowed by ADR's.

why can drift cars have atmo valves? because most arent road registered id say. and being un-registered, they can get away with all sorts of shit. being trailered to and from events sorta does that.

dont try to explain stuff to her...you will catch retard...

Bad luck about the defect dude, you did have illegal parts on your car and I suppose you have to wear it...the way the cop acted is unacceptable though

"you and your mates"

yeah bro because im sure one person knows everyone in Adelaide that owns an import

effheads

who'da thunkit.

I sense a miniscule amount of sarcasm leaching out there Dave :D

i thought that you could have aftermarket bov as long as it was plumbed back in the intake system.....just the like stock one

Can any one answer this

i get pulled over and i grab my handi cam am i lawfully allowed to tape what proceeds to hopefuly get the officer to act in a professional manner

now that aint a bad idea Steve!

I wouldnt have a clue, but considering the media can film cops doing their biz, like locking people up at the end of pursuits; like those 2 clowns in the camry on currie St yesterday, one would think you might be able to do it

just a thought

-edit - but the media probably has exceptions somewhat...

I sense a miniscule amount of sarcasm leaching out there Dave :D

me? sarcastic? noooooo. youve got the wrong guy pete, ive never once used sarcasm.

i thought that you could have aftermarket bov as long as it was plumbed back in the intake system.....just the like stock one

*shrug*. why wouldya? stock gtr item is good for most street applications and tend to cost less than an a/m unit.

Can any one answer this

i get pulled over and i grab my handi cam am i lawfully allowed to tape what proceeds to hopefuly get the officer to act in a professional manner

heard various things about this, some say its legal, some say it isnt. im overdue for sleep, so i cant be arsed looking it up. my opinion however is that its legal as long as the officer/s are notified. recording mp3 players would be perfect for this, its less what the cop does and more what they say thats important.

now that aint a bad idea Steve!

I wouldnt have a clue, but considering the media can film cops doing their biz, like locking people up at the end of pursuits; like those 2 clowns in the camry on currie St yesterday, one would think you might be able to do it

just a thought

-edit - but the media probably has exceptions somewhat...

freedom of information or some other rubbish.

Edited by scandyflick

sorry to hear of your misfortune Pauly

interesting who did this for you, and they fell for that

it was just some cylinder foam, got it from clark rubber, cut it to size and slipped it over the shock body, the guy at regency was pretty cluey and thorough, he didnt have a issue with the suspension, had a laugh at cops and how they should stick to doing their job lol as it was an officer who had defected me for it saying "it was too hard".

im not 100% sure if circlip height adjustment is illegal, but i wasnt going to chance it, pretty sure its really only the thread adjustable coilovers which are the issue.