SAU Community

Block Off Plate On Bov ?

hey.. my machanic just put a block off plate on my bov as i am doing a turbo upgrade ... is this safe and will it now be quite when i take my foot off the throttle or will the air still make a sound as it redirects??? thanks

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey.. my machanic just put a block off plate on my bov as i am doing a turbo upgrade ... is this safe and will it now be quite when i take my foot off the throttle or will the air still make a sound as it redirects??? thanks

yes its safe. You will still get some sound like a flutter

Dumbest thing ive ever heard.. Get a plumb back if youve got a bigger turbo recirculation helps with smoother transition of gears.. blocking off the bov will make the turbo chuff/flutter and make the car feel like its almost going to stop during gear change.

not sure what air your on about.

only if they like fully sik vl turbos uleh

WTF you clown, stop spamming this poor guys thread with your useless bandwidth wasting posts!

He just had a legitimate question, so came to this forum for support and guidance, yet he gets you.

What a joke.

only if they like fully sik vl turbos uleh

yer i was afraid of that hahah.. how loud is the flutter sound ?? some one told my you need a bov or your turbo will spin backwards making flutter sound hahah i think not

yer i was afraid of that hahah.. how loud is the flutter sound ?? some one told my you need a bov or your turbo will spin backwards making flutter sound hahah i think not

had a plum back on there my tuner recons they will leak at around 16-18 psi i rcon it was leaking at 12

WTF you clown, stop spamming this poor guys thread with your useless bandwidth wasting posts!

He just had a legitimate question, so came to this forum for support and guidance, yet he gets you.

What a joke.

dont single me out, get a sense of humor.

had a plum back on there my tuner recons they will leak at around 16-18 psi i rcon it was leaking at 12

Your tuner must be smoking the good shit

i have mine blocked off, my tuner said it makes no difference in performance, or life of your turbo.

i have it blocked off purely for the sound.

all comes down to personal choice really.

Your tuner must be smoking the good shit

well i had an atmospheric on and the more i vented it the ranker it ran so i whent back to a plum back .. guess ill just see how i go with it blocked off if it runs shitt ill change it again,,,

i have mine blocked off, my tuner said it makes no difference in performance, or life of your turbo.

what sound does yours make and how loud ..also this would be legal so no sticker :D

If your running an AFM, with a blocked off bov, it WILL idle worse and stall under heavy braking (due to extra vacuum).. not fun.