SAU Community

Apex'i Power FC v's Greddy E-mannage

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys, just a short list of what the PFC can do that the E-manage can not..........

injection base map

injection correction map

ignition base map

ignition correction map

boost control

turbo transition

idle control

air con idle correction

power steer idle control

rev limit adjustment

injector warning

knock warning

O2 feedback

water temp correction

air temp correction

acceleration injection

cold start correction

fuel temperature correction

AFM voltage ramp correction

radiator fan control

battery voltage correction

injector size correction

injector overlap

speed limit defeat

overboost defeat

There are quite a few more, but I think I have made the point.

Hey all, if you have the e-manage with the injector and ignition harness, does the e-manage do everything that the pFC does?

Cos bottom line u want to have similar functionality for both of the units before u can really do a comparison.

If a base e-manage can only do fuel timings then it is very limited compared to the pFC. Is that correct?

I just looked up the other E-manage thread and saw they are $900-$1200 :confused: Why so much for something that's only marginally better than the S-AFC? Yes it has more potential, but at $900-$1200 you've already paid for a PowerFC which has a lot more stuff in it. I was thinking (hoping) that the E-manage was closer to $400 or $500, which is a more realistic price given its abilities.

u can get it for around 600 dude

and it is heaps better than a safc...

if u get the profect e-01 as well .. than it is very good unit.

wot people dont understand is that u need to get the harnesses as well.. there are about 5 in all i think..

Who sells them for $600? And the only reason I would consider getting one is because with my upcoming injector upgrade, it'd handle them better than my S-AFC if I get the injector harness. But how much is the injector harness? How much are the other optional bits?

And why is it heaps better than the S-AFC anyway? The biggest thing going for it that I can see is the extra plugins you can get, but they all cost money. I'm talking about just the base unit here when compared with S-AFC. I know that with all the extra bits it would crap all over the S-AFC, but I reckon it'd cost more than a PowerFC once you bought them all.

OK ,,,, may be over here are slow in jap ecu... but from where i come from that is malaysia... alot of my firend and work shop ask me to stay away form emange. Now all of them are selling it off cheap... some of them blow up their engine.

It is dirt cheap over there... the last thing i hear is... it is below 500 aust if you look around there....

I live in Japan and I see alot more cars with Apexi S-AFCs and PFCs. I've only seen a handful of greddy emanages in cars. By they way some of the GTRs with the Apexi S-AFC are putting out over 600hp. I only see PFCs when the power is approaching 1000hp. That's just what I've noticed.

u can get it from nengun with ignition and injector harnesses for about $608.....i think

calvintys..even a safc can blow the motor if not tuned rite..

if ur going to get a base unit get the safc....

if u r going to upgrade slowly get the emanage..

there are plenty of sites to read about the emanage..most in jap.

but read about all the add on's..as well

even with a pfc its better to get a ebc

and wif the e-01 ur going to have a very nice setup

1st of all find wot power level u want and get ur stuff to suit..

$600 with injector harness is definitely reasonable. I will consider getting one closer to my injection upgrade. (man, I hate to think of how much the middle men were making on the base units sold for $1200).

I just went to a HKS sponsered drag race a few weeks ago. Guess how many GTRs has a emanage? 0 I'm not dissing the emanage I just hardly ever see them. This is what I don't understand though. The emanage can only change the a/f ratio for 5 different RPMS, the S-AFC2 can change it for like 11 or 12 RPM levels.