SAU Community

Stagea Engine In Car

skyhighR33

hi guys and gals, i was owndering if any one could tell me if its worth putting a stagea engine in my r33 na. and if i can put my 5 speed box onto it and the transfer case and also re map it. is it worth it or dont worry bout it and rebiuld my engine up.

cheers... michael

hi guys and gals, i was owndering if any one could tell me if its worth putting a stagea engine in my r33 na. and if i can put my 5 speed box onto it and the transfer case and also re map it. is it worth it or dont worry bout it and rebiuld my engine up.

cheers... michael

buy a 33gts-t. build that. easiest/cheapest option. if you have the desire to do it, and deep pockets, go for it!

Give Mark Tilbrook at Tilbrook auto and dyno a call, he will tell you straight up what can and cant be done, and how much it is likely to cost. they did my conversion, and it is awsome, but like Damo said, I hope you have deep pockets, cos doing a proper job wont be cheap.

Give Mark Tilbrook at Tilbrook auto and dyno a call, he will tell you straight up what can and cant be done, and how much it is likely to cost. they did my conversion, and it is awsome, but like Damo said, I hope you have deep pockets, cos doing a proper job wont be cheap.

lol your a walking tilbrook advertisment Chad :D

lol your a walking tilbrook advertisment Chad :thumbsup:

NO! a driving Tilbrook advertisment :D but thats only cos they build tuff ass cars, just like mine :D

^^^ then why didnt you get him to tune it

i say ring boostworx and see who gives the better quote

cos tilbrook is a builder not a tuner, if somone can do something better than he can he will let them. he just does what he knows he is best at, and thats building cars. leave the other stuff up 2 the pro's in that field.

then why have a dyno and on your sticker im sure it says tilbrooks auto and dyno tuners something like that

but i agree if some one does a better job then yeah go there

if your local to pooraka give fours n more a call, they did the conversion and tuning on my car and it hasnt missed a beat in almost a year of drifting, they do awesome work and are top blokes. 82602011 is their number. Let them know luke with the r31 reccomended you.

then why have a dyno and on your sticker im sure it says tilbrooks auto and dyno tuners something like that

but i agree if some one does a better job then yeah go there

the business is called Tilbrook Auto & Dyno, and there dyno gets way more use for diognostics and checking for safe air fuel ratios, than it does for tuning, and they use Martin Donnin for the tuning, who is one of the best in Australia. Just look at their DA car and you will see how good there work is, but hey, thats just my opinion.

ah yeah wasn't sure if they had tuners in there name also

the business is called Tilbrook Auto & Dyno, and there dyno gets way more use for diognostics and checking for safe air fuel ratios, than it does for tuning, and they use Martin Donnin for the tuning, who is one of the best in Australia. Just look at their DA car and you will see how good there work is, but hey, thats just my opinion.

his is 4wd so R33 front cut is more effort involved to get the AWD sump on the 33 block its doable but might as well get a stagea

hey man.. do you know someone with the parts? unless you do, i don't really see the point. 33 front cut would basically be the same price and have all of the bits you'd need..