SAU Community

M35 Owners, Please Help!

GoldZilla

Hey peoples,

just like I've done with the C34 buyers guide, I'd like to do a similar thing for prospective buyers (and current owners) of the M35 series, noting any information on what to look out for, what differences there are between the spec levels, any updates made over the course of the M35 run over the years, etc.

I have here with me a copy of the HyperRev catalogues for both the C34 and M35 ranges of the Stagea (volumes 38 and 67), but not being able to read Japanese myself tends to bring up a few issues, as you'd understand. Pictures and numbers can only provide so much information, so it's up to you guys and girls to help wherever possible.

A fair chunk of information is already starting to appear via various threads here in the Stagea section, but I'd really like to gather that information together for the benefit of all.

Please post here if you can help, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Nick

I have just auctioned for one in Japan, i will share what I have found:

According to the archived Nissan website for the 2001~2003 M35 Stagea

Three models available, RS, RX and the ARX-Four

Leaving the ARX-Four out for the moment

The RS is the "Sports" package, has the black/Aluminum trim as standard (Can be "upgraded" to the RX trim" and the Din sized 3 gauge cluster (Head unit fits in one din slot)

The RX is the "deluXe" package, (My way of remebering them, not saying that's what X or S actually stand for) has the beige/Wood trim as standard and the stereo is intergrated completely integrated into the dash and generally has better equipment than the RS (Not always)

The hardware is generally the same, with the exception of a top of the line RS model the V HICAS which has both the SUPER HICAS and the better rear diff

The ARX-four has all the running gear of the V HICAS, has a higher ride height, "SUV-like BodyOrnaments" (Which my fiance' abosultely hates.) It's got it's own trim (I believe it's Tan Leather interior + Wood trim) and very much the model that has everything... It's fuel comsumption is very high though. (As quoted by Nissan themselves)

I have a 2003 RS coming my way hopefully veru shortly. I wish I could have gotten the ARX-Four... but "she who must be obeyed" did not like the black wheel arches... Maybe the next one... :P

Hope this helps.

What about the Autechs?? There's the Vq25det awd, and the manual Vq35de. Isn't there also a 'basic' Nissan model with vq35de and auto as well? (can't remember if it's awd or rwd)...

I never looked into the NA version Stagea, there is a 3 or 3.5 litre, all dancing all singing beast available, also turbo versions have been replaced with NA, larger displacement engines post 2004 (e.g. the ARX-Four). I was told by many compliance shops they don't do (or bother with) the NA verson, of course there maybe many shops who does. Sorry, it was just outside the scope of my research.

I am not aware of a M35 Turbo Autech... although that would be darn cool... I think a 6 speed manual, NA version Autech is there.

I never looked into the NA version Stagea, there is a 3 or 3.5 litre, all dancing all singing beast available, also turbo versions have been replaced with NA, larger displacement engines post 2004 (e.g. the ARX-Four). I was told by many compliance shops they don't do (or bother with) the NA verson, of course there maybe many shops who does. Sorry, it was just outside the scope of my research.

I am not aware of a M35 Turbo Autech... although that would be darn cool... I think a 6 speed manual, NA version Autech is there.

As far as I know Autech do the AXIS & 350S in the M35,

The AXIS has the Black graphite trim inside the dash and decals plus all the normal goodies the ARX has, except the ride height is lower and the suspension is firmer, plus the body kit is colour matched (good idea). It has the same VQ25DET as the others.

The 350S was the same as the AXIS, except is had the VQ35DE engine and the very cool 6 speed manual, which I would love in my AXIS...if only some one can confirm it will fit.

The 350S was the same as the AXIS, except is had the VQ35DE engine and the very cool 6 speed manual, which I would love in my AXIS...if only some one can confirm it will fit.

They are very rare to start and rear wheel drive only (don't quote me) so are a different emissions test to the 4WD VQ35DE and more then likely you will not see any in the country which I am not happy about myself.

An important point is SHOGUN and TRUST are the 2 RAWS who have been doing them for a while so if and when VQ35DE is available they will more then likely be the first to comply them.

Speak direct to the workshop don't take anyones word on emissions and compliance.

They are very rare to start and rear wheel drive only (don't quote me) so are a different emissions test to the 4WD VQ35DE and more then likely you will not see any in the country which I am not happy about myself.

An important point is SHOGUN and TRUST are the 2 RAWS who have been doing them for a while so if and when VQ35DE is available they will more then likely be the first to comply them.

Speak direct to the workshop don't take anyones word on emissions and compliance.

I'm only after the 6 speed manual gearbox.......how much nicer would that be in my Stag....