SAU Community

Paint For Autosalon

hoony

The californian stlye 2 tone paint job is just the new new 'in thing'.. it will be out just as quickly as chameleon paint did..

there's already HEAPS of 2 tone skylines out there..

be different ant paint a tiger with a half naked girl and thunder in the background on your bonnet..

holy crap... crazy arse coincidence but that is Jana in the passenger seat isn't it. I went to college with her in Canberra...

I remember seeing that picture on her facebook thing a few weeks ago

Edited by Baconer

LOL yeah that's her...

ex girlfriend now, things didn't work out between us but that's life ey...

Rhys just decided to use THAT photo for the photoshop bahaha

i don't take too many pictures of my car but i'll take a few at Salon lol

car's going into the shop within the next two weeks so i have that long to decide...

everyone from SAUWA is telling me to do the two tone thing... i'm thinking i might just stay with the bootlid, bonnet and leave the mirrors CF...

rims will go black with polished lip, interior is hopefully getting done too but with time and money comes patience isn't it?

i am NOT patient...

anyway, keep the ideas coming guys? i've also thought that if i don't do the roof i can always put vinyl over the top, if i paint it though it will only be $400 more... man so much to think about but like i said keep it coming!

Andrew :)

haha can't get over that coincidence...

two tone panda look is a bit over done but it does look good. Depending on your funds you could try a different 2 tone combo to stand out a bit (reverse panda, black/blue, black/red etc.). Post some pics of whatever you decide on.

I thought typical panda style was bonnet black, bumpers black (obviously this wont look to good) mirrors black, wing black and any side stickers black, I suppose you could make some.

For autosalon I feel this is abit boring as autosalon is all about BIG and beautiful or BLING BLING and 2 dollar 12 yr olds

Oh I must add a roof in 2 tone paint theme with carbon as your first half and perhaps candy apple red would look stunning. Otherwise you can go grab some vynal and try something different.

^ i have seen none lol

i think i'll be doing two tone... with paint and not vinyl, time to stand out i guess... picked up my mirrors today and they look MINT! hehe

That carbon painting technique, is interested. I might give it a go on my bonnet.

Post up some pics if you try it, Esp. in sunlight.

I was thinking it'd be alright for detail peices, valve covers for instance.

• 4 weeks later...

only thing i don't like about the ganador mirrors (which i only just found out recently) ...are they aren't actual carbon, but rather, carbon LOOK. Now that i know, i'm just gonna buy unpainted ganador mirrors and paint them black to go with the panda theme i'm goin for with my white 34. it's a shame u bought them brand new, otherwise i would have also suggested that u paint over them in black...

white bonnet, white roof, white boot (top only), black everywhere else.paint dish on rims gloss black and the spokes white. looks alright imo and i dont think ive seen it done yet... (might hav been done b4..not sure... memory like a goldfish)