SAU Community

Turbotech Boost Controller

hi all,

just fitted the turbotech boost controller an after several test adjustments got the psi set desired ( around 9-10psi ). anywayz once boost starts kicking in it is all good reaches peak boost very fast but acceleration is very bad now and is choking and spluttering ridiculously, this got badder the more i increased the boost. i followed the picture of the installation of the particular boost controller

but can't work out what is acusing this.

i have a 3" mandrel bent exhaust high flow cat and cannon no other modifications. i have a feeling i may just need a good tune as it has not had one yet, i feel it may be choking on accessive uneeded fuel in the air fuel ratio?????

please help- if tune is required where on the goldy, south brisbane are a should i go????

smidy

Your choking and spluttering is most likely being caused by your spark plugs. Did you re-gap them to coincide with the extra boost? It sounds like you're hitting rich & retard. You'll also notice a fairly sizable flatspot of power on WOT between around 3800 & 5000rpms. Do a search and you'll find a plethora of information on this subject. I've been through this myself and found that it's not worth increasing boost pressure unless you have after market engine management or a piggy back ecu.