SAU Community

Best Boost Controller For Gtr

WRRR

Guys done the search but not a lot about pros and cons (just problems)

Can anyone enlighten me on what they believe would be the best EBC for a GTR running twin -5s. Max boost will be 2 bar.

I have been using a PFC EBC and am not happy with it so looking for an informed change.

Thanks in anticipation.

greddy profec b.

i run it on mine, it has high boost and low boost settings, easy to use you just simply turn the dial...

i would recomend it

blitz dual solenoid boost controller and make sure its the spec r version not the spec s, holds well up to about 36psi, profec bs2 is good for the money but if you got the extra cash you can get the blitz spec r version, i think they are like $450+ or something but correct me if im wrong,

cheers tony

Edited by GTRBOS

why arent u happy with the PFC boost kit?

you set the duty, set the boost and drive

what more is there to it ?

Yup that was my theory to. May have a dud as it will actuate (you can hear it working) sometimes and other times not. Wiring has been gone over and seems ok, solenoid fires on 12 volt, ..... Just lost confidence in it.

Rather than risk a lean out due to overboost if it does play up another unit seems a safer option.

i run a e boost 2

its perfect holds to .1 of a psi :)

you can do alot of things with it to....but they are not cheap...

Edited by PHA71L

profec B is good and very cheap. the blitz spec R and spec S are pretty average in my experience. the blitz SBD ID III is not bad though. but personally I still prefer the profec B II. I have it in both my GTRs.

here is my boost curve from some time back. if you can get a flatter boost curve than that, well done! also note how sharply it ramps onto boost, but still doesn't over shoot the target. very hard to get a controller to do that.

0517001bo2.jpg

Im also looking for a boost controller and was deciding between a boost controller or a PFC (ER34 GTT) which is more feasible anyway? And do we need to have a dyno tune after the installation of the boost controller?

profec B is good and very cheap. the blitz spec R and spec S are pretty average in my experience. the blitz SBD ID III is not bad though. but personally I still prefer the profec B II. I have it in both my GTRs.

here is my boost curve from some time back. if you can get a flatter boost curve than that, well done! also note how sharply it ramps onto boost, but still doesn't over shoot the target. very hard to get a controller to do that.

0517001bo2.jpg

That line is almost as flat as my boost line in the gtr running of just the wastegates (no boost controller at all)

Nice :D