SAU Community

No Sound!

Heres the Go! All was working perfectly. I parked the car, played touch footy...came back started her up, and no sound from the bose system...what the? everything is working, the CD is playing, TV working, but no sound. Could i have accidently hit a mute button> does the sytem have one?

Its pretty cold here in canberra, but that shouldn't affect the sound should it?

ANY HELP WOULD BE MUCH APPRECIATED!

Cheers, Aj

no idea... do you have anything added onto the bose that might have short-circuited? i.e. tv tuner, nav, etc ?

or maybe bad contact somewhere along the line between the head unit and the amp?

If it's raining or have been wet, and your CD/TV working - chances are your Bose unit is ok, just a connection issue somewhere along the cable or even the door speakers, as door speakers can be exposed to excessive moisture and the contacts may have became loose or failed...

I'm happy to pull apart what i need to, to have a look. Just seems weird it just stops all of a sudden. I'm pretty sure there is no Mute button

sedan or coupe?

if sedan: amp is under rear shelf - pass side. check that its solidly connected. if you can get at the connector unplug it and plug t back in.

for coupe: its in the pass rear corner of the boot . you will have to pull the carpet,spare tyre, cover panel. do the same thing.

from there start pulling fuses. there are 3 panels in it. one at the drv feet, two in the battery area. one easy to get at the other a bitch.

flick me an email addy and I'll print off the relevant diagram for you.