SAU Community

R33 Gtr Driving With Cold Engine

Nah, its not the computer. Its a little sluggish when you first start it but isnt every car thats running really rich. I have attached some photo's of where in the engine bay the sensor is and what the new one looks like siiting back in the head (if you replace it). Hope they help.

gallery_11676_2008_21598.jpggallery_11676_2008_34026.jpg

Hi all, thanks heaps for all your responses - SAU forums at their best!!!!!

Well, thought I'd let ya know how it went. I fixed the water sensor and it didnt do very much but it no doubt sent a better signal to the ECU as it's all clean now. I reset the ECU like was planning to in the other thread and it performs very nice....even gets some wheel spin that it didnt before. I did some research into the ECU's brain and wow - it's very clever. If you stall it or nearly stall it...or if it has one knock somewhere....it will remember it and adjust it to suit and every time it happens your engine will run different at that point where it knocked or stalled.

What now?

Well, what I done this morning is idle the car till it's cold idle rev's drop from 1200rpm back down to 980-1000rpm hot idle. Car drives like a dream! It took about 4-5mins to warm up so yeh...I basically drove it without it's "choke" engaged and it felt great.

Now, obviously the car doesnt mind being driven gently when still in choke mode...but I have to gather up speed when I enter onto the main road so that choke was getting in the way.

I wanted how much it chews when it's idling in the morning....about 5 or more liters per hour? Any one know this by any chance? It's obviously very rich that's for sure.

PS - after seeing the engine bay above I might have to clean mine haha...is a little bit dusty!