SAU Community

any one been or had a rx7 b4?

Zdenko

Hi guys,

Just sold my Skyline. well its goin away this monday.. god bless its soul :-(

and i was just wondering

Has any one had a RX7 series 4 turbo b4?

they fun to drive... next car i want some less stress free where i dont love it so much and dont give a fark about it...

any one had a rx7 s 4 turbo b4 or been in one?

that they go like?

"Rx7" and "stress free" don't really go in the same sentence, esp an older one..

i took a s3 for a test drive with my mate once, went pretty hard.. but that was a while ago when an old 253 commodore felt fast :)

fair enough

i know a mate from school had a series 4 non turno was nice and cozzy inside but swent like a slug....

woudlnt mind geting a turbo and having a play with it

... although one day il get a skyline again.. love them to much but at the moment ... its not the best car for me at da moment...

hahaha an XF.... screw that... u can get a nice series 4 cheap as these days so u would have a lot left over from ur line to fix/mod it up... i was thinking of selling my 32 and buying a s4 rx7 til i had enough for a monster GTR in a couple of years... convertibles are going for about 8k landed and complied.

Both my best friends have s4s. I have driven them aswell. They are slow compared to an R33, have hardly any torque, but with a few mods they are fast, similar to a modded r33, and get around 160kw atws with exhausts and small boost increase.

Anythin else?

Oh also they are quite reliable if u let them warm up fully before thrashing them. It all depends on the cars history on how reliable they will be... My mates is already leaking oil, had it for 6 months. 60k log books, stock.

hmm interesting thanks for the info..

well at the moment its inbetween a Series 4 rx7... Vl turbo.. my mates old VL.. run flat 11s in it

and wil do a 10 sec pass with a decent trimatic in it..

or a standard vs calais.. as suggested by my gf :-(

so hmm. i like the rx7s tho

XF ... lol.. have i got a project for YOU :P wanna supercharge my bro's XF wagon and get it into 12s?? hehe

depends what u want.. but there are plenty of 89 vehicles under $10k to choose from other than a RX7 if u want something different. Subscribe to the j-spec and/or prestige lists to see what is out there.

Get an 83 supra with the 5mge something in it and whack the 1gzt ( the 2,5 or 3 lt turbo one ) in it, the 83 came with flare guard and everthing, will look mad with slam 18inches and a FRONT MOUNT.

Meant to be my project car but i fell in love with the 4round lights babe.