SAU Community

Rb26 Into 32 Gtst

hey all just wanting to know otherv then the sump is there any really hard things with the conversion already started just getting everything on the engine before i throw it in.

i got the gtr loom which doesnt wori me and fuel is all aftermarket so no problem there and a high rise manifold with a 35/40 so know prob i just mean basically if there are any mods hav to be done to fit it in properly all the gear came of mt rb20 which blew up so i bite the bullet and said f**k it rb26 into it with my parts but yer all i know off was the sump and use the rb20 mounts and should go straight in just wondering maybe i could use my rb20 sump would that fit properly or not big enought

I think the main problem you're going to have here is traction.. :blush:

I can't help you with the sump but I do have some random questions..

What model GTR did the motor come from?

Are you going to freshen it up in anyway before putting it in your gtst?

was it from a running car?

compression test?

It'd be a pain in the arse to have to do any og that work when it's in the car.

Sump, If you choose to use the Rb20 sump you will need to modify the oil pick up and fins. Honestly, use a GTR sump and when you cut the diff off add a sump extension. I have one already made, you can have it for $400 it cost me >$500 to make up!

Brackets, Retain your Rb20 engine brackets and mounts. You might have to mod the exhaust side a bit to clear the turbo.

You will need custom pipe work for the intercooler and heater hoses.

Cheers,

the motor was out of a gtr 32 half cut which had 52 on it yer im goin to do a bit of freshening up but we will see how far i go it had a boreskope done and compression test and ran on a engine bench before i bought it. the gearbox im using the rb20 one with straight cut gears hopefully it will last traction i still have to sort out the suspension is set up for it and i have 265 wide tryes at the rear so we will see wat happens should be fun the only wori i have is the sump the rest doesnt wori me yet so it is easier to cut and weld my sump then tryin to fit my rb20 sump to suit