SAU Community

Coolant Lines To Turbo

hi guys

i recently just put an r33 turbo into my r32

but now its overheating, and im assuming its because of the coolant lines that go into the turbo,

i noticed that the bolt have a special hole in the middle to feed the coolant down into the turbo,

my guess is that its not lined up properly.

how do u know if its lined up properly?

cheers any help is much appreciated.

The bolt is a banjo bolt and the coolant feeds from the line into the holes in the side of the bolt.

There are galleries to feed it through so you will have have coolant going through there.

So your engine is overheating not your turbo?

It may be that you have a coolant leak? check levels

Was the coolant bled properly?

thanks guys so theres no way that the hole in the banjo bolt can be blocked if facing in any direction,

i just bleed the system,

seems to run alright not overheating like last night but the tempreture reads weird.

goes from 80-90 down to 60-70, like jumps up and down

thanks for the comments guys

You may need to bleed it again, It can take a few goes, did you end up dumping the

radiator aswell, If not there might be an air pocket waiting to get out, but usually it does not take

to long to surface, Failing that if you keep getting,radical temp changes, I would be looking at the thermostat.

Cheers :)

Yeah, the banjo bolt does not need to line up with anything, just install it.

It sounds like you have an air pocket in the coolant system. Did you bleed the system via the 10mm bolt in the plenum? Its the highest point in the coolant system, so the air will escape here when bled properly. This is an important process as differential heating of the head can lead to cracking or warping of the head.

after bleeding the system today and driving it all night i did not get any form of overheating and stayed a a tempreture that i am comfortable driving with.

thanks alot for the advice guys mods can close now.

all is well :bunny::D:D:D