SAU Community

R34 Stock Turbo Specs?

TUFR34

hey guys was just wondering if anyone would know what the turbo specs are on an r34?

ive heard it is a ballbearing..

if someone could tell me what the housing sizes etc. are would be great

and also if anyone can recommend a big power turbo with good repsonse etc.. was thinking TD-06??

any help would be appreciated..

cheers

This turbo is wanted to put on a rb25 yup?

yeah the motor is a rb25det neo in a r34..

was looking at some cgc or hpergear turbos? are they any good? maybe even kkr..

if im loking at getting a big turbo what would you recommend upgrading aswell.. fuel pump, injectors etc.

i have a pod, exhaust, front mount, and boost controller..

if anyone can help me would be really good :(

What power goal do you have?

what is your budget??

high 200rwkws 270-280..

my budget is around 2k which is why was looking at KKR could pull out some more for ecu etc but at moment manifold, gate, and turbo around 2k..

if you have an r34 dont skimp on decent mods.

KKR and hypergear are very lazy turbos and not realy worth it. GCG high flows are a waste of time and only lead to other problems. i know this from personal experience on more than one car

a td-06 would be ideal but you would need the full kit. manifold, wastegate, ect. and its out of your current price range.

best bet would be either a HKS GT-RS (i think) which will bolt onto your standard manifold and dump pipe and still offer some thing up around 270 at the wheels.

or a garret in similar spec to the HKS but id go the HKS myself.

for 2k you could probably get a brand new garret or HKS turbo bolt on type and with the little bit of change buy yourself an apexi SAFC so you have a small amount of tuneability. you wont reach its full potential just yet but you will have the heart of the 250 goal in place. you can then add an ecu and injectors and fuel pump later to and keep stepping the power up as you get the mods.

if thats all the money you have to spend i wouldnt look at anything other than a bolt on option like the HKS or garret as once you get into after market manifolds and stuf the money soon climbs. and ebay is not your friend for turbos.

ok the HKS ones are a bit more but check this link out and talk to slide http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Bo...Ap-t202237.html

Your going to need,

Injectors

fuel pump

AFM (depending on which ecu)

Computer

clutch (if manual)

and of course the turbo.

my budget is around 2k which is why was looking at KKR could pull out some more for ecu etc but at moment manifold, gate, and turbo around 2k..

I miss understood if your budget is $2,000 for the turbo or for the power goal.

If for the power goal then forget it. I don't believe you will ever get that power with second hand parts.

If it is just for turbo I would stay away from hypergear, KKR and hi flows...

You will need cams, flywheel and need to be ringing a highflows neck for prob not even that power.

I believe if it is just for turbo you would be best going for a:

HKS GTRS kit

HKS 2835 Pro S kit

Apexi AX75F82 turbo

Garrett GT3076r

These are a few turbo's to suit that power goal all which you will most likely not be able to get under $2200 bolt on. (though i could be wrong)

In my opinion, save a little more.

Enough for HKS GTRS kit. $2500ish

clutch $1000 (installed)

fuel pump $250

safc tuned $600.

You will have around 230kw on 14-15psi and then when you get other supporting mods you will be more then happy pushing out 270+.

But as said it depends if you can only afford $2000 or if you can afford $6000.