SAU Community

The advantages of keeping your old suspension.

JimX

One of my Bilstein shocks was leaking, so I took it out and gave it back to Whiteline. They said they'd send it off to Bilstein and give me a call when it was repaired. It's been a week and counting, and Bilstein still haven't called them back about it.

I don't know why it would take so long to repair one shock, but I'm really glad I was able to put one of my old shocks in while it's away getting fixed or else my car would be off the road for all this time.

Anyone that's not able to do this when their struts need to be fixed has my full sympathy!

Last week I ordered the sports pack from Whiteline and currently the Bilsteins are on back order and it could take up to a month, they never said where they were coming from but they had to be shipped in from overseas.

Maybe they sent them overseas and that's why it's taking so long?

As far as I know Bilsteins are made in Germany but repaired/serviced locally. I think they're just taking their time because they're lazy.

I guess it's entirely possible that the strut is beyond repair and so they have to wait for a replacement from overseas, but they haven't even told Whiteline what the holdup is. Poor form on Bilstein's part in my opinion.

Yeah when I got the email giving me my order number and everything it didn't say anything about the back order or that it would take a couple of weeks to get here, I only found out that there was a back order and it was going to take a couple of weeks because I rang up other wise I would be still waiting at the door like a little kid.

Whiteline called me earlier today. The bad news is my strut isn't covered by warranty :) The shaft was damaged by a small stone and that caused the leak. Because it wasn't a manufacturing fault, it's not covered by warranty. But they said they wanted to help and gave me a big discount on the replacement (I believe they are doing it at cost).

I was still a little disappointed so I asked if they could do me a discount on the front and rear swaybars as well. I'm not going to say too much now but everything promising. I'll post an update after I have gotten everything back (it's going to take them a couple of days to make the swaybars).

If everything comes through as promised then I'll have nothing bad to say about Whiteline at all.