SAU Community

Intercooler

I have a 1993 r33 gtst, im searching around for a intercooler for it. If i buy a r33 kit, will that fit it. I mean will i need anything else? Do i need to modify the body? Are all kits for a r33 the same, i mean do i need to specifiaclly buy a r33 gtst, not just a r33 - being gtr etc....??? Als, how hard are they to put on buy yourself or am i better off geting one installed. I say this cos i can get 1 for a r33 for 350, piping included, is that a good price for a 600x300x78mm?

i had to drill a hole in the body and cut the front bar on my s2 r33 gtst to fit my core and piping... its a Greddy Spec M Intercooler Kit...

do it yourself, its not hard.... just takes a while.. you'll save like $400

do a search dude... lot of info on this topic

Thats what i thought - bout saving the money. Im assuming that if the kit says "to suit r33", im assuming that it would suit my car, being a stock r33. Am i i assuming correct??

it could just mean that the piping is suited for it... there are different sorts of kits so it varies

u still might have to drill holes and modify the bar...

the spec m intercooler was for the r33 but i still had to drill n cut so yeh... if they are the cheaper kits, chances are that u probably will have to do some sort of modifying.

So far only ARC kits are vehicle specific ones which means,

The intercooler pipes will fit into the stock holes where the SMIC was fitted.

You don't have to drill holes to fit the intercooler as there are already holes on your chasis.

You don't have to cut the front bar

You don't have to relocate the horns

You do however need to trim the bumper filler a bit. No images.

post-48477-1216466674_thumb.jpg

post-48477-1216466691_thumb.jpg

post-48477-1216466708_thumb.jpg

post-48477-1216466723_thumb.jpg

Edited by teng