SAU Community

Front Bars; Are They Worth It?

i've prob got 7-8cm clearance up front :glare: you get use to it...

This is not a legal issue in Vic... it's the BODY of the car (including exhaust) which can't be lower than 100mm... side skirts/body kit can be lower...

Sorry, but thats a complete load of crap. In Victoria it is a 100mm from the lowest point of the car. Exhaust, bodykit, whatever. Whatever is closest to the ground!

that's what i thought originally...

hmmm.... will have to double check clearance of front bumper again... i did fiddle with the reo bar the other day, was drooping a little, may have picked up a 1cm :glare:

i'm going to have to watch that then...

don't get the front bar unless you are prepared to get the matching side skirt and rear bar and a set of wheels to match. There's nothing more disgusting than an ultra aggressive front bar and stock everything else or mismatching kits. If you want a veilside kit then stick with the theme, if you want a Do Luck kit, then stick with that.

Go for it.. but make it tasteful and get it fitted and painted well. Remember it will be near impossible to get it painted exactly the same as your (probably 10 year old) paint. Look closely at that red one on the first page for what I mean.

You'll get used to driving with it, and having just spent near $1k on it, you wont forget!

Attraction from hoons, police - you're already in a Skyline, so wont make much difference. Will all depend on how and where you choose to drive!

• 1 month later...

Not worth it, don't bother, I promise you for a car that you probably just drive to work every day it'll give you the shits. It won't change the look a lot probably look more derelict. And it's an r33 so seriously anything you put on has probably been done many, many times before and won't stand out.

My car came with the standard plastic type M bar and the car is slightly lowered and it still manages to scape on things and I'm careful. If you get a big stupid fiberglass front bar it'll crack and look poxy. If you do do it make sure you keep the original front bar.