SAU Community

low fuel warning guage?

depending on how hard u drive in the first 5 minutes (u shouldnt drive hard at all) it will go up quick if u rev alot. mine take about 10 minutes if im driving, and 15 if its just idleing, the fan does automatically turn on when the engine is running, as far as i know it it stays on.

I also find that the light going on is not always consistent with level on the fuel guage. Eg. Once, I was touching the E with the needle without the light on. Other times I've had the light come on when it hits the bottom line.

I've never put in 60L though! Can't image where the needle would be on my car for that! I normally get 400-450kms at the bottom line.

My light also fades on/off as I drive, eg. gradually gets brighter/darker as the fuel level changes (while driving) - is this what you guys get?

Yep

But fuel wont just sit still in the tank, it will move around. If you accelerate heavily, fuel will head to the back of the tank, i think the meter is on the front, so it occasionally lights up.

The light is really only accurate when you have been sitting still for about a minute.

My meter wil drop below empty sometimes before the light comes on, mostly when im crawling home in peak hour