SAU Community

low fuel warning guage?

hey all

i haf a 94 r33 Gts...and i fill up on bp ultimate...

the prob is...even when my car runs around 430kms already on a full tank and the needle is just touchingt the line at e...

no warning light comes up?

it freaks me out cause then i dont know how much ic an push it

is there a warning lightand WHEN is it supposed to come out?

It could also be that the light is broken, but not very likely

If its really a concern, just go crusing when you are close to empty again, with a friend in their car.

I remember the first time my light came on, I had my car about 6 months and it really confused me having never seen it before.

My best effort is 80km from first fuel light coming on.

Streamer, how many L are you putting in when you fill up?

hmm...not sure...but if i drive till around where the E line is, the needle EXACTLY on the line at the E...yet no light,

i can fill up to around 50 bucks.

with around 98c per litre.

i can go for close to 480ks driving like a nana...if not then its around 420.

why?

i have seen the light only twice now having owned the car for a year, i didnt think it had one for a long time till i decided to forget to fill up and sure enough on it came and scarfed the **** outa me, so off to the servo i went.....

Well, the R33 has a 65L fuel tank, and if you are only putting in $50 at around 98c, you're only putting in just over 50L. You'd have nearly 100km worth of fuel left when you're currently filling up.

I can drive til my light comes on and get around 450 easily, mind you my car is still completely stock until next month, so this could be why.

what i meant is i fill up till the thing clicks and the tank is on the verge of overflowing...

mind u, 65l is prob frm the last drop...

i never even had e chance to see the light alto i might try this time cause my gas is low once again.

eveytime i try, i freak out.

so with the needle on the e line, i fill around 55...

so i guess it works out...

A fuel filter does indeed catch most of the impurities, but there is still a chance something can get through.

I had a car (carby) this happened to and it was well maintained, i let the fuel run down and the car died.

So a new carby, fuel pump and tank clean out later........

The problem was dirty fuel from the servo, and it was proven, i only ever ran premium in it!

Agreed, running on empty is not a good thing. Ive only had occasion to do it once.

The idea of running out of fuel anywhere is something Ill try to avoid.

All I was trying to say was that the fuel light will come on, and you still have time left. It is of course, a fuel warning light, hence, warning.

i saw the light today when parked on a slope.

went to uni

came back, backed out of the slope and there went the light.

safely say that i saw the light hence satisfied for now that there is a light and never worry abt stallin in the middle of the road again.

managed to get in 58l too...of bp ultimate today which means it is a 65l tank for sure.

i get around 450 - 470 if driving normally with the occasional lead footedness when the road is wet...like today in perth...YAY

only on private rds tho...

heh

laters

Speaking of guage, i haven't yet own a skyline, but looking at the R33 GTS25 does the radiator fans comes on straight away when you switch the engine on (i know it does when its warm obviously). And the temp guage goes up half way after like 5mins of driving it. Is this normal? If not wat seems to b the problem? Help!

Thanx guys!

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Phat^Beatz

Speaking of guage, i haven't yet own a skyline, but looking at the R33 GTS25 does the radiator fans comes on straight away when you switch the engine on (i know it does when its warm obviously). And the temp guage goes up half way after like 5mins of driving it. Is this normal? If not wat seems to b the problem? Help!

Thanx guys!

*Bump* Help! *Bump*:P