SAU Community

Boost Gauge Install

AndyD

Im off to buy a boost gauge today i done a search for install pics for the neo but only came up with an r33 guide but my rear plenum looks completely different can someone take a pic of where they pulled the vac line from would be appreciated or link to a pic thanx AndyD

i reckon u had a boost gauge removed and they left the vacum line. check where the pipes from the rear of the plenum go, u might be lucky enough to find it in the cabin. i have a s2 and thats where i put my line

ok had a look and took some photo's there is T section in place near the throttle body with a black plastic tube attached i followed this thru the firewall into the cabin and is attached to a small computer with some jap writing on it under the dash on passenger side floor then it goes on thru behind the dash to my boost controller.

Do you think it is possible that i may be able to T into again inside the cabin for ease of installation or will it alter the reading the boost controller is getting?

Picture137.jpg

Picture138.jpg

Picture139.jpg

Picture140.jpg

Picture141.jpg

Picture142.jpg

The black tube you can see is also running thru the firewall with a small loom which is attached to a relay type thing you can see above the T piece on a metal bracket all of this is connected to the small black box under the carpet in the passenger footwell. Any and all assistance would be very much appreciated.

Edited by AndyD

take some pics of the stuff inside your car. has the boost controller got a screen to display boost level. my boost controller came in 2 parts, the gauge and the pressure reader.

Edited by jippa

No it hasnt got a screen i did take a photo of it and post it in one of my other threads it's an M's T-BAC3 just got 2 buttons and two dilas on it no screen. The vac line runs into a plain black box under the carpet and stops inside the box then a small cable comes out the other side and into the back of controller. Now if the pipe coming in is giving the controller boost pressures if i T piece it will the controller still get the correct reading sorry for the nubness very new to this.

post-50446-1217060947_thumb.jpg

Edited by AndyD

No it hasnt got a screen i did take a photo of it and post it in one of my other threads it's an M's T-BAC3 just got 2 buttons and two dilas on it no screen. The vac line runs into a plain black box under the carpet and stops inside the box then a small cable comes out the other side and into the back of controller. Now if the pipe coming in is giving the controller boost pressures if i T piece it will the controller still get the correct reading sorry for the nubness very new to this.

post-50446-1217060947_thumb.jpg

Im still a noob and had my stagea for over a year, heres my sugestion.. probably wrong. Cant see it being a problem as the box u have is only telling your boost controler what psi your running which is what your boost gauge will be doing. Trace out the larger hose to see where that goes as your rear nipple should not be used from factory. If it does something then it will be 3 things on the same line which might affect pressure

Ok done my plugs today checked all the coil packs 3 of them have been replaced and look practically brand new the other 3 are in excellent condition with not even a mark on them. Also done my boost gauge install i used the same line as the controller. Low boost was set on 5psi and high on 14psi which could explain it hitting r & r at 4000rpm tuned back down 10 psi. The plugs that were in it were iridium and varying gaps from 1.1 to nearly 1.6 but overall looked to be in half decent condition on the tips. Now after doing all of this i haven't reset the ecu or anything but fuel consumption has increased should i do a reset because of the different gaps that the iridiums had i replaced them with ngk 0.8mm in 6 heat range. Boost hits hard on 10 psi at 3000 and stays there solid with no spiking at all the controller seems to be doing it's job so i may keep it. Enigine check light came on again tonight so will do a consult tomorrow and maybe reset the ecu at the same time. Any thoughts