SAU Community

My Rb25 Is Knockin

hey guys iv recently brought a cefiro wit a rb25 in it it was knockin when i brought it an everyone told me big end bearing so i ripped it out got a new motor off here put it in an is knockin the same as the other 1 the bloke i brought it off said it was all sweet if its not big end bearin wat else could it be it sound deep though. thanks

hey guys iv recently brought a cefiro wit a rb25 in it it was knockin when i brought it an everyone told me big end bearing so i ripped it out got a new motor off here put it in an is knockin the same as the other 1 the bloke i brought it off said it was all sweet if its not big end bearin wat else could it be it sound deep though. thanks

Is the sound exactly the same on both motors?

If so do you still have the first 25? If its deep its most likely big end. Id be pulling down your old motor and inspecting to see.

You could well have just bought a second dud motor unfortunately. Take it from me, you can be that un lucky, im goin through a similar situation.

Either way, your best finding the initial problem with the first motor, at least then you my be able to identify what is causing it.

hey guys thanks 4 ur help yea i still got old motor the plan is to rebuild old motor an put it in but yea i used almost every thing off old motor turbo manifold, turbo, manual gear box, starter motor, oil cooler boost contraler.

so u recon it might not be big end bearin could be something off the old motor

well its a chance your new motor has done a big end too, back to my previous question, auto or man?

i've seen a few commodores that emit a knocking sound, not unlike that of a big end, but i think it was the flex plate imporperly tightened or somethign similar