SAU Community

Wats This?

hiroshima

hey all just bort an r34 gtt 4 door and was installing a deck when i found a black switch hidden under the handbrake cover. its a black nissan switch with a steering wheel in the middle and sais on and off. its still connected but there is no place where it sits, and when i flick it there is a small tick sound in the dash. any ideas?

nah mate its manual bin trying to find it on google and stuff but still nothin and from what i can tell i dont think its been converted from an auto either

On your dash - can you still see the P R N D down the center? In manual models this area will be blacked out. Another way of telling if your car was an auto is if your steering wheel has + and - buttons (assuming your still using the stock steering wheel).

thanx for the answers guys.

it doesnt hav the p r n d down the centre of dash and

tiptronic buttons on the steering wheel + its still stock.

and Silver_R34_GT-T what do u mean they have used

an auto part in the car? im assuming it dont do anythin?

My stagea has this exact button you describe but mine is in the console beside the tiptronic shifter. If i was you id be searching my vin on fast and finding out if my car was auto at one stage, or they have used a dash part or button in place of a broken item

That is most certainly the same as mine and by the looks of it they tried to hide it under the shifter boot. :)

Also you may have an aftermarket dash or a manual dash has been installed mine has a light on the dash when you turn it on.

Edited by AndyD

• 4 weeks later...

yeah i told you what it was mate, 100%, if u can here it ticking, then your car was auto, and it has had a manual put in...

what i meant by replace something, ( i miss read) i thought u meant under teh shroud it was in the plastic ( as in they had used a plastic part of dash from the auto) not that it was hidden my bad)

we didnt need a picture as the description you gave about the button was spot on.

how did you go with the vin fast?

i tell you what, if i had paid for manual only to find it was originally auto id be pissed...

yeah man had it fasted and aparently it was an auto :(

but they did a good job of it, dash and steering wheel,

everythings been changed. also had it checked out by

a mechanic and they recon it was a good job done on

it and well taken care of it only 1 small leak :) .

so im not too pissed about it except they km's are fake,

but i guess they are in most anyway