SAU Community

Everything Broken Again :( Help!

SN1P3R

People my car is broken AGAIN, im crying, im so sick n tired of fixing the same f**king problems! THIS IS MY SECOND MOTOR, and its doing the same things as the last one, all i hear is bearing noises, its smells like burning oil and carbon, its leaking oil outa everywhere, and im getting major boost spike, my gear box is making noise for no reason aswell now! Im stuck, ive just spent about 4k getting this motor fresh, now its f**ked... i dont no what to do anymore.... I got f**ked over by my last mechanic, Im so scared to take it anywhere else, this car has put me in debt and i dont no what to do anymore... i need adivce from my loving club! coz every1 else i speak too has no idea... HELP!!! :domokun::domokun: :domokun:

is this your manual or auto box farkin up?

btw 4k for a 2nd hand rb25 is pretty expensive......

KYP sells them for 1700 + 1k to install

who tuned the car, what boost controller are you using @_@

if you can afford to get another motor........ else get a bunky in the mean time and save up for a motor/half cut?

which mechanic did you use.... any warranty?

i dun think its possible to rebuild an engine for 4k....

machine work alone is 2k

assuming you can assemble it yourself + install it

gasket kit is 500+

piston and rods 2k~

oil pump 500-1.5k

timing belt 100

bearings 200-300

thats the bare minimum, id say its fare to guess its a 2nd hand motor

Ive been told its a " rebuild " i doubt it thou, with the amount of problems this one has... i doubt it... The place the motor was done by, couldnt find any problems, which shitted me off coz there was bearing noises left right and center, and when the water pump went on the new motor, i didnt get any form of warrenty... and now this place has shut down!!!

ok i just replaced the altinator coz the bearings were stuffed.

there oil leaking outa the cam cover gaskit and out of the front of the engine and into my inter coola pipes. ( the gaskits and seals where suposed to be replaced when i got this " rebuild " )

i replaced the water pump coz the bearings were rooted in that ( and when i drove home from that my altinator almost fell off )

the timing belt is noisy, and i think there is possible bottom end bearing noise.

it smells like hot oil and carbon, and idles really ruff.

im getting boost spike for no reason, my boost controller is a blitz electric one, i dunno what model.

hicas light comes on n off, and i think i can like diff sorta noises coming from the rear

my manual box which has been all serviced n fixed up is making whiney noises aswell, for like no reason, i granny my car, 2500 to 3000 changes and no dumping clutches.. fully nana style.

" Sigh "

So sorry to hear kels, if you buy a half cut this could happen again as its a 2nd hand motor, no guarantees so i would bring it 2 a well known mechanic, preferably one listed on the workshop thread and get there advise as if its a bottom end gonna need a rebuild, or you will have to risk a 2nd hand motor.

I'd go for a check of everything first, check your belts and pulleys..make sure the keyway is intact. go right thru the engine...tighten all pipes, brackets, clamps etc....wire connections...water etc in sockets...engine mounts too. breather pipes on the g'box, oil levels...make sure its all sound before you take it to a mech...might save you some $$$ if you do some investigating!!!

Edited by dodgsun

when i had an oil leak it was from the turbo without having the copper ring......around the oil lines but michael from these forums gave me a hand and all done another one was Gauges from Jshop the oil adapter plate leaked like crazy so if you have gauges you should check it :D if not then how about your blow by hoses? hehe good luck kels

Cheers

Chi

^LOL!! Brave Mel.

Kels, if you want, bring it into us on Monday. We'll have a look at it and tell you exactly whats wrong. If we screw you around, I'll give you my car. Promise!. Contact me for more details if you want.

Cars are strange, you wont be able to get a proper answer just by explaining it, you'll need to get someone to look at it in the flesh to diagnose.

Call Joel and Ryan

Comedian you are....

Yeah Ive double checked everything, there's oil coming outa the rear main seal, and from like the sump and the cam cover, and on the side of the manifold area, Now i was told all of these seals had been checked and replaced if dead... The seals looks like theve never been changed in the life and themotor looks like its done 300,000+ kms when i was told rebuild with 0kms.... Rhys ii'll drop buy if i can get a starter motor!

Thanks guys!

firstly

go back to the person you paid to do the job in writing, explain the concern and ask whether they will sort it free of charge. Keep a copy of the letter.

If they say yes, then document what they say and give them the car, if they fix all good, if they do not fix or refuse, then again in writing to them, tell them you have given them a chance to repair and they have failed or refuse and demand a full refund.

If they refuse, then take your letters and any responses to DOCEP and let them act as a mediator. If they cannot get the mechanic to come to the party you have one of two (legal) options, count your losses and spend more money fixing their shite or sue them.

give All Star Garage a call..

seriously, Nick and Sean know exactly what's going on, with my 180sx i just drove there after owning it (with it running ghey for about 3 months) i asked for an exact diagnosis as to what was wrong and he told me EVERYTHING!

ended up telling me to sell it if i didn't have plans for it in the future, and he didn't even look at it for more than ten minutes!

Nick had a look at the engine bay, drove it for about 3 minutes and looked at the engine bay again and that was it, gave me a quick list from the top of his head and told me what i would need fixing and why and what was important and what wasn't...

seriously, they are awesome there...

i'm sure their number is here somewhere... sorry i can't provide it at the moment i'm actually in a uni lecture lol

Andrew

P.S: i hope this helps and i hope your car gets well soon, sh*t Kels your car is nice and blows some awesome flames, is a total shame this has happened again :thumbsup: