SAU Community

Best &cheapest Way To Fix A Scratch?

• 2 weeks later...

I sympathise with you.

I still remember when I was on a supertight budget and bought this lovely 1991 Mazda 626 hatch - great shape; but with cat claw marks all over it.

I used this red T-Cut Colour polish all over it (on a maroon coloured car) and about 90% of the marks disappeared, whilst standing

2 metres away.

I'm not even sure if they make the stuff any more. It even used to come with a coloured stick like 'lipstick' for deeper scratches.

Hope this helps...

Tez

Hey can you park somewhere else where you can watch it? Our Skylines are precious you know... lol

I cant believe it, another car keyed by jealous scum of society.

Tez the product your talking about is by turtle wax, they still sell it.

A bloke i knew had a civic which was keyed and he just bought some vinyl graphics to pop over it as he didnt want to spend too much either.

I cant believe it, another car keyed by jealous scum of society.

Tez the product your talking about is by turtle wax, they still sell it.

A bloke i knew had a civic which was keyed and he just bought some vinyl graphics to pop over it as he didnt want to spend too much either.

Yeh dose 'bullit holes' ment for yoo? Or ya uncle Al (aka Capone)? :P

that sucks..... how many panels did they get?

definitely need more info to give a proper response, but does 'not very deep' mean a cut will take care of it?

I'm sure people can give tons of info on panel beaters here. I'd imagine key scratches are number 1 or 2 most common thing they see.

but as they said above, best and cheapest are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

The best way---> Respray the panels. Just 2 doors? Should cost about 120-150 per door...depending on colour.

The cheapest way---> Get a professional to buff the doors, because they should use and 'non filler' style of cuttin g compound that will at least polish inside the scratch and not just wash off.

As everyone else stated...not the same sentence.

• 2 weeks later...