SAU Community

Turbo Timer Question

Ok gurus, need assistance!!! and thank you in advance :D

So i just bought a standard cheap second hand turbo timer and i have a basic alarm w/ immobiliser installed in my car...

so the question is can i still install this turbo timer without screwing up the alarm and will both still work as the should... cause im guessing the engine gets immobilised as soon as u activate the alarm...? Ergo how do you keep the turbo timer running engine and delay the immobilisation lol... if that makes sense... without upgrading the alarm system :D someone said something about a relay before but i have no knowledge in that area.

cheers again

Alex

Depends on what type of alarm you have. Some have a Turbo timer interface.If you dont know what model alarm just take it to JB hifi or something. You could also ask in the Car security thread.

Hey guys, its a mongoose m20s :) basic alarm and imobiliser

as far as i noe all the mongoose ones wont have a problem with a turbo timer as i have one with it. But the way I check is to simulate a turbo timer running, for example sit in ur car have it running the press the button on ur control to lock the doors and now switch off the car and wait to see if the immobliser engages if it does and doors are still locked then turbo timer wont cause a problem

I have a question:- Isn't a turbo timer an invitaion to thieves? I.e. (hot) Ignition wires easily available (no key needed) to anybody interested in having a fiddle, or maybe more???? btw It is a fair-dinkum question.

Hey guys, its a mongoose m20s :O basic alarm and imobiliser

no go. if it was a 60 or 80 series it would not be a problem. sit with the car for 30 sec or so. it will save the car from becoming spare parts.

as far as i noe all the mongoose ones wont have a problem with a turbo timer as i have one with it. But the way I check is to simulate a turbo timer running, for example sit in ur car have it running the press the button on ur control to lock the doors and now switch off the car and wait to see if the immobliser engages if it does and doors are still locked then turbo timer wont cause a problem

not so. viper alarms will arm with the key on. (antihijack function) mongoose wont arm at all, autowatch will if the timer option is enabled and the timer relay installed.

I have a question:- Isn't a turbo timer an invitaion to thieves? I.e. (hot) Ignition wires easily available (no key needed) to anybody interested in having a fiddle, or maybe more???? btw It is a fair-dinkum question.

VERY true. last car I had here I proved a point on. I had a bit of 10 awg wire so I shorted the wiring on the timer and clutch started the car, drove off with the customer watching in disgust.. the car had a basic remote start alarm on it.

not so. viper alarms will arm with the key on. (antihijack function) mongoose wont arm at all, autowatch will if the timer option is enabled and the timer relay installed.

VERY true. last car I had here I proved a point on. I had a bit of 10 awg wire so I shorted the wiring on the timer and clutch started the car, drove off with the customer watching in disgust.. the car had a basic remote start alarm on it.

yeah but u should consider that on average a turbo timer will stay on for 30sec and buy the time u get out close the door lock it and walk away far enough the car turbo timer would have shut off and the alarms immobiliser would have engaged.

so unless running it for long periods of times should be safe