SAU Community

V Series Gallery

Posted these in the Vic 'post your ride' thread earlier today, thought I'd put it here. A couple pics of my R34 and V36 - figured it was a nice day for it. :)

post-23046-0-64959800-1314104651_thumb.jpg

post-23046-0-90372700-1314104667_thumb.jpg

^^ haha slightly reminiscent of these old pics of my R34 (before I sold it) and my V35 (when it was stock) :D

Hahaha yeah, it's hard to believe how they went from the R to V series isn't it, such different cars in so many ways. So why did you sell the 34?

BTW nice photos Sheldon, love those wheels.

The 34 had done 160,000km and was getting very long in the tooth. Power steering hose failed (cost $500 to fix with a custom braided item), radiator let go, various heater hoses were leaking/failing every other week .... plus I had been running 230rwkw for 50,000km and I had a feeling the motor was not going to last a vast amount longer. Plus it was my work car, so reliability was the big issue.

On the upside the V35 is flawless, runs 175rwkw and is a perfect daily work car with full on luxury. Love it to death. I wanted a V36, but 2 years ago when I bought the V35, V36s were $55k in black .... way too much. More affordable now, but now I have modded/set up the V35 to such a level that I couldn't bear to lose heaps of $$$ on it and start again.

The 34 had done 160,000km and was getting very long in the tooth. Power steering hose failed (cost $500 to fix with a custom braided item), radiator let go, various heater hoses were leaking/failing every other week .... plus I had been running 230rwkw for 50,000km and I had a feeling the motor was not going to last a vast amount longer. Plus it was my work car, so reliability was the big issue.

On the upside the V35 is flawless, runs 175rwkw and is a perfect daily work car with full on luxury. Love it to death. I wanted a V36, but 2 years ago when I bought the V35, V36s were $55k in black .... way too much. More affordable now, but now I have modded/set up the V35 to such a level that I couldn't bear to lose heaps of $ on it and start again.

Fair enough. Kind of at the same crossroad myself now, so was interesting to hear your story. Strangely it's so similar to mine, only difference is I went down the massive engine rebuild path, just now though the alternator died, fuel gauge is randomly not working and other small, random stuff going wrong. Kind of getting expensive now just to maintain (especially since I have 3 cars now!) so rego, insurance and maintenance on all cars is on my mind. The 34 runs perfect mechanically, just wondering if I've outgrown it though.

I suppose the only problem I have is that the 36 kind of does everything the 34 does, but better. Except for the turbo, wish the 36 had that :) Then there's the cops, every Falcodore wanting to drag at every set of lights, the never-ending mods and maintenance costs... is it worth it?

Sorry for rambling guys, been thinking about it for the past few weeks and wanted to vent to other car nuts who would understand lol :)

No you are not rambling Steve .... it the exact thought process I went through .... in the last 3 months I owned the R34 I put on stainless braided brake lines, new silicone heater hoses, gold passivated slotted rotors and all sorts of little items, but the fact is things were going to keep going wrong and how much should you pour into an old car?

My thoughts for you are easy - sell the R34 and use the funds supercharge the V36. Saves 1 extra lot of rego/insurance, plus once you have spent the $10 on the supercharger and accessories you will have 300rwkw in a very comfortable luxury cruiser that doesn't attract police attention :thumbsup:

No you are not rambling Steve .... it the exact thought process I went through .... in the last 3 months I owned the R34 I put on stainless braided brake lines, new silicone heater hoses, gold passivated slotted rotors and all sorts of little items, but the fact is things were going to keep going wrong and how much should you pour into an old car?

My thoughts for you are easy - sell the R34 and use the funds supercharge the V36. Saves 1 extra lot of rego/insurance, plus once you have spent the $10 on the supercharger and accessories you will have 300rwkw in a very comfortable luxury cruiser that doesn't attract police attention :thumbsup:

Thanks for the advice Andrew, pretty sure I will get rid of the R34 next year anyway - have already thought about turbo/super-charging the V36, after all the headaches I've been through with the R34 though, kind of want to shy away from modifying again. Been doing it for too many years, to start doing it again would probably drive me mad. :)

Kind of why the V36 is stock standard, wanted to keep it like that. Actually knocked back buying a modified V36 when I bought mine last year (had HKS Adjustable Coilovers, Project Mu brakes/rotors, 5Zigen exhaust), just didn't want the hassles with getting defected or anything. Decisions, decisions...

Posted these in the Vic 'post your ride' thread earlier today, thought I'd put it here. A couple pics of my R34 and V36 - figured it was a nice day for it. :)

Steve did you paint the front grill black? If so did you use the plastidip stuff they are all using in the states or is that permanent paint.

cheers

oz

Steve did you paint the front grill black? If so did you use the plastidip stuff they are all using in the states or is that permanent paint.

cheers

oz

I just got it sprayed (free) at my mate's panel beating shop when my car was reversed into earlier this year; not sure about the paint but it's a gloss black finish on it. Just ended up buying some chrome strips later that I cut to size to finish off the top and bottom to give it that midnight grille look. It's not perfect up close but it's pretty good, looks heaps better with the chrome on though.

I just got it sprayed (free) at my mate's panel beating shop when my car was reversed into earlier this year; not sure about the paint but it's a gloss black finish on it. Just ended up buying some chrome strips later that I cut to size to finish off the top and bottom to give it that midnight grille look. It's not perfect up close but it's pretty good, looks heaps better with the chrome on though.

It does look good. First thing I picked up on when looking at the pics

Edited by scarf