SAU Community

Motor Magazine

I was reading the September issue of Motor today and saw a small side article with a challange as follows:

You have just won the $500k lotto and you have a three-car garage to fill. Choose your weapons...

THE RULES

1. You can spend a maximum of $500,000 on the dream garage, you can spend less but not more.

2. Your maximum three cars must be current production models and road registerable in Australia.

3. Each car must fulfill one of the following criteria:

- Can be used as a daily driver

- Can carry four adults and luggage

- Can be used as a weekend track car

So post up your choices...

Here are my choices:

Daily: R35 GTR $150,000 (it is an auto with comfort settings so I would happily take it to and from work every day)

nissan-gtr-2008.jpg

4 Adults in comfort: BMW 325i sedan auto $76,400

325isports3.jpg

Track car: Audi R8 manual $259,900

2008_audi_r8_front-thumb.jpg

Total spend: $486,300

Haha, nice try but thats not really the idea of the challenge. Gallardo is a HOT car though!

yeah i thought I'd be a smart arse as I'd just been watching the 'best driving road' top gear episode.

To answer the original question 335i, 997 GT3 and R35 GTR (all up around 490K if 335i and GT3 are purchased second hand).

EDIT: I just want to add that if I won 500K in the lotto i wouldn't spend it all on cars :-)

Edited by ras1983

* Carrying Shit Around / luxobarge - Upcoming Audi RS6 Avant - probably $320K after options, considering just the car with ceramic brakes is $285K.

* Daily Driver - Volkswagen EOS 1.8T DSG - $52K with options, nothing beats top down motoring when you're just cruising.

* Track Car - Not sure, either a West Cars WR1000 or a Radical SR8 assuming I can afford it. Otherwise I'd build up a 350Z. $30K for the car leaves me about $100K for mods. What can I say? I like RWD.

Edited by scathing

Lets ignore retail prices, because no-one pays retail!!

Sahara, Twin Turbo V8 Diesel.......$103,000

R35 GTR.......$150,000 est!

M6..............can be bought for $245,000

I think thats all bases covered for me!!!

and still have 2k to put towards semi-slicks for the GTR...