SAU Community

A31 Window Problem

Rhin0

Hi, I'm new to the site just got myself an A31 manual cef with a rb20 non turbo. On picking it up from the import station at the docks I found the drivers window half open, the main electric window power switch on the drivers door which controls all 4 windows in the car seems to be the problem I'm guessing. It operates the other 3 windows fine most of the time but sometimes will not bring them back up, also the other day after dismantling the door the button for the drivers window began making a knocking noise when I tried to operate it. Anyone have any suggestions? Am using a black trash bag to keep the weather out at the moment :thumbsup: so need to resolve the problem soon. Cheers in advance.

remove trim.

disconnect plug/connector to window motor.

get a battery.

get wire from + and - of battery.

connect wires to window motor.

It will either go up/down, so at least you can close your window (and isolate the problem to the switch)

-Matt

i have noticed that the window switches on the a 31 cefiro is the same as the front wheel drive v6 maxima which is the same as the next model cefiro a32 i think, my central locking was not working, but i managed to find a a31 at the wreckers, choice.

i have noticed that the window switches on the a 31 cefiro is the same as the front wheel drive v6 maxima which is the same as the next model cefiro a32 i think, my central locking was not working, but i managed to find a a31 at the wreckers, choice.

bro do you know if the diff on a31 cefs differ as the motor gets more powerful?or are they all the same on naturally aspirated engine/drivetrain?

Would anyone have one of these switches they'd like to sell or know anyone who's breaking one with this part? (1994 right hand drive a31 cefiro drivers door master electric window switch)