SAU Community

Apexi Pod Question

Magic

Hey guys,

Alrite firstly anyone that's driven next to my car knows that it loves it's induction hissing noise.

I was driving just then and turned the music down, thought to myself, hmm it's not really sucking the air in as much as it used to..

So when I got home I thought I'd clean it out since it's been on for 9 months without having a good clean and vacuum. So I pulled it off and gave it a good clean.

I then noticed *see attached* one of the parts on it was just metal without the red and mesh over it, which was facing not in view in the engine bay so I couldnt notice it before.

Like I said it's been 9 months since I put it on and I did it in a few minutes seconds without examing the pod and I can't remember if it was like that originally.

Now my question, IF it shouldn't be just bare metal, would this be causing the lack of intake? Or was it always like that and is my pod just in need of replacing due to age. Or thirdly, am I just gettin picky. :P

And if it's always meant to be like that does anyone know the reason behind it, just out of curiosity?

Driving-wise I can't see a major difference in performance, sound-wise it feels like it's boosting less because I'm used to that really strong induction noise, now I can just hear the turbo screaming with a tiny bit of induction noise. But it's drag season now and I want to get into the 13s next time I go, and every little thing counts right. :)

post-45495-1220521615_thumb.jpg

Edited by Magic

Even worse.. both my brand new ones have this as well.. :P

It will be where they've joined the filter section. Would be made in a rectangular shape and then rolled up and clamped like that then the ends formed on.

Edited by heller44

yeah dad just told me that. eheh. :P That rules out that theory. Just feel like its starts suckin around 600rpm less than usual lately. cleaned it with high pressure i'll see how it goes when I take her out next.

Edited by Magic

THanks for the replies guys. No need for oil Tom, apexi pods are dry type. :P

I took it out for a drive after I used high pressure and cleaned it out. Found it to be back to normal which is good, mind you it was night and cooler when I drove it after so yehh..

i dont heard my BOV anymore and when someone goes in my car for the first time they always ask if its gets annoying

my wife doesnt ride in my car much at all, last week we took the hr31 (4yr old son likes it lol), i gave it about 1/2 throttle from the lights & when she heard the loud flutter (no bov) she got a bit of a fright & thought something had fallen off the car LOL