SAU Community

200sx s16????

RON-15H

I think the rumours spark from this article...

attachment.php?postid=253771

In it, they go on about how the new "S16" Silvia will use the SR20VET from the X-Trail 2.0GT, with 280ps, and the XVL chassis.

They say it probably won`t be called the "S16", but the "V16" coz of the new chassis. This article came out mid-last year or so, and that pic is just the magazines guesstimations.

Its all heresay and conjecture.. there is no real S16 in design yet.. might be a few years before they come out too, if they do bother.

Japanese market is changing a fair amount in the types of cars they're producing.

no.. it wouldnt be an s13 with out an rb in it

or a skyline without a VQ35 .. :)

this is a sad rumour i've heard from some source about nissan, that they are going to stop production of sports/high performance cars due to the fact that they do not sell and nissan is losing money from it... and nissan will concentrate more on family cars...!?!

:)

• 11 months later...

Good point, but doesn't matter Nissan have used the same lettering but different numbers for different models before and I'm not talking about the same platform...like the Serena C24 and the Stagea C34. In case of same numbers WG C34 Stagea and GC C34 Laurel.

Another rumour had it's links looking similar to the next Sentra SE-R...so which would you prefer...a Q16 :P...

I've given up on guessing likewise for the next GT-R...best to wait and see.

edit: FYI...the above attachment is also very old photochop of a P12 Primera minus 2 doors, lowered and widened.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21075

Primera

NI_31_3_1097_front.JPG

I heard they were not, and even if they did it would not have an SR20, and its not a Silvia without an SR!

There was the S11 and S12 Silvias too... the S12 had a FJ, not sure about S11, only seen one once, not bad looking.

• 1 month later...
I think the rumours spark from this article...

attachment.php?postid=253771  

In it, they go on about how the new "S16" Silvia will use the SR20VET from the X-Trail 2.0GT, with 280ps, and the XVL chassis.

They say it probably won`t be called the "S16", but the "V16" coz of the new chassis. This article came out mid-last year or so, and that pic is just the magazines guesstimations.

SR20VET??? doesn't quite fit in right with Nissan's engine code scheme...unless theiy're dumping the DOHC and replacing it with something V which I have no idea of.

oh scrap that V is for the Neo VVL (variable valve lift)...

check this to read engine codes (Nissan) http://www.freshalloy.com/site/features/te...ome_codes.shtml