SAU Community

Need Help R33 Or R34 ?

Hi People , Im looking at buying a skyline , now i have a choice of a R34 GTT 4dr or a R33 Gtst 2dr .Now the R4 is a auto aswell where the r33 is a manual. They look nice and are both in mint condition. The R34 has 73.000 ks and the R33 has 43 .000 km. R34 has no body kit and is stock as a rock, where on the other hand the R33 has a body kit and exhaust and suspension. Oh aswell is there such thing as a Type R R33 gtst. the R33 is 18990 and the R34 is 17990.

don't think there is a tyre r model.

i reckon get the r33 cause auto on r34's jsut aren't up to par unless ur just thinking about cruising.. but judging by that price...thats a huge rip off...theres many others that are similar for much less..unless u wanna spend that much?

post-54859-1221743637_thumb.jpg

Here is the R33 im am leaning towards. but i have kids aswell and the wife likes the idea of the 4 dr , but i think you only get one chance at this so i think get what i always wanted the r33.

o.k i just had a look on carsales.com.au for skylines in South Aus...is it just me or are skylines priced above their actual value by $3000-$4000??

so much more expensive then the skylines in melbourne.

found this one

http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/priva...amp;sort_type=2

if you were down in melbourne u could get a fresh imported r34 gtt coupe manual for about $15,000-$16,00 complied with rwx and rego. not really sure about importers over there in adelaide either. sorry mate but i mean if ur wife is really gonna have to use the car get the r34...if she has her own car...get the 33

Edited by jakez88

welli think so..but it might be different in adelaide compared to melbourne?...i mean you can get 33 series II's from 11000-18000 but the higher priced ones are usually modified, super clean 1998 model with genuine low kms or 40th anniversary's.

i suggest you keep looking around because i know yo ucan get something similar for alot cheaper but if your sold on that one and don't mind paying the extra money then go for it.

like for 12,000 u could by something like this http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/deale...de&__Nne=20

for the money you want to pay for your r33 you could by a r34 gtt like this http://www.carsales.com.au/used-cars/deale...amp;Make=NISSAN

but i dunno whats available in adelaide

Edited by jakez88

Yea wifee has here own car newish vectra, which is auto your right dont want 2 auto in the family. the R33 has only low km 43,000km and they still want $18990 is this to much ?

Just sent you PM

Have you driven the R34 Auto you maybe suprised, they go good if you drive them right and turn off the traction control:)

Edited by OzCarImports

the place where the cars are is a car yard, so maybe he trying to make his money aswell, most of the private sales here are either to far away or have been hammered. Im looking for a car that i can baby, lol you know what i mean so im probly been a bit picky.

18990 for a gtst? jebus...

i was in the exact same position about 7 months ago.

i ended up getting the r34 auto but 2 door. not a single regret

its tiptronic which isnt exactly auto. leave the tcs off and you can have just as much fun in it as the manual.

the place where the cars are is a car yard, so maybe he trying to make his money aswell, most of the private sales here are either to far away or have been hammered. Im looking for a car that i can baby, lol you know what i mean so im probly been a bit picky.

^^^ +1 ... to be PICKY

Sorry for the tangent, but is a V35 out of your budget?

The R33 $ sounds excessive

Tez

^^^ +1 ... to be PICKY

Sorry for the tangent, but is a V35 out of your budget?

The R33 $ sounds excessive

Tez

+1 the V35......

But What do i know anyway I'm new to the skyline scene. The V35 is more of a Z anyways and I Love the old Zs

Adelaide prices are thousands more than over in Melbourne/Sydney right about now... for some reason within the past 6 months R33 Series II prices has dropped by quite a few thousands over in VIC/NSW but has stayed about the same in Adelaide lol

I would be seriously doubting the legitimacy of the kms on the R33 unless log books are supplied.

Regardless, $18,990 is way too much for a stockish R33. Go the R34 as newer is better. I would recommend trying to make sure the car comes with a few mods so as to save you cash later. Eg, rims, exhaust, intercooler (only if using the stock piping without cutting holes)

Edited by Swink33