Small Car Sunday 2008 - Sun 19th Oct

Howie

Hey guys.. we down or what?

Date : 19th October 2008 (9am to 4pm)

Place : Wigley Reserve, Glenelg

Cost : $20/car

Website

http://www.sportingcarclubsa.org.au/Default.aspx?tabid=79

Because of the venue, places are limited this year and pre-registration is essential.

Looks like they're going the All Japan Day route and not promoting club displays (bit of a shame really) but doesn't stop us from all entering.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just gave them a call, you can display as a club if you all rock up on time, but no banners etc can be staked into the ground. Basically there wont be much room between cars, so clubs will have to rock up together to be together. Payment must be made on the day, but pre-registration is essential, the reserve holds 250 cars. 3 trophies only, 1st 2nd and 3rd, and a peoples choice award will be given.

I think the whole scene has changed - used to be the big adelaide clubs that'd enter scs (peaks, iblis, plat, etc) but they're now almost all gone. SCS has always been about the clubs.. and doing the friendly inter-club thing.

Anywayz.. i've got my form in. We should organise a pre-meet before we enter I think.

I think the whole scene has changed - used to be the big adelaide clubs that'd enter scs (peaks, iblis, plat, etc) but they're now almost all gone. SCS has always been about the clubs.. and doing the friendly inter-club thing.

Anywayz.. i've got my form in. We should organise a pre-meet before we enter I think.

Meet at the SAU clubrooms = Vilis on friday nights ;)

Geez 1 month notice aint too long! I've found SCS in previous years to pretty good and laid back compared with autosalon - more cars, more car clubs, cheaper entry fees for spectators and those entering their cars... more focused towards car clubs coming together I guess?

But yeah, I'm in - car just came out of the panel beaters today looking schmicker than ever :P

So, lets gather a list of entrants up:

- Howie

- Damo_R34

- typevu

-

-

-

-

-

Last year was pretty good, our display looked pretty good and it was a fun day just hangin out with everyone. We were lucky we werent next to the sprinklers when they went off - that was bad, but funny. Poor people whos boots and tents etc got soaked.

Yeh SCS isnt like it use to be years ago, but would still be good to see a display...