SAU Community

Small Car Sunday 2008 - Sun 19th Oct

Howie

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It should be as good as AJD, if not better.

thats a big call seeing its double the price and no standards of which cars can enter. i mean thats one of the fundamental reasons AJD was created. a show with standards. not one with rice and rust is on display.

theres plenty of car shows in the year.. but i think most people expect more from SCS knowing the history. i think down sizing the event to a single show and shine has caused the negative feedback.

Edited by steveP

problem with sa car scene is its too full of big headed wankers, which makes things like SCS fail, because everyone takes the attitude of 'rice this, autosalon that'. if you dont have the right offset then how can you be in a car show?

SCS is(was) a good thing for Adelaide, admit it, any car show in Adelaide is a good thing and can only help the scene, the people in the scene is what lets it down.

Dead right well said one person has got it right.

LOL Steve mine had a little bit of rust where the over flow bottle used to be in the engine bay.

I still think the scrapping of the cruise was a bad idea. i never went to the other events attached to SCS (i.e. hill climb and AIR day) but i have been to the cruise and the show day for the past 3 or 4 years ane that cruise was one of the best parts of the weekend (even though a few of the routes weren't that good).

The event started to die when it went to the race course.

problem with sa car scene is its too full of big headed wankers, which makes things like SCS fail, because everyone takes the attitude of 'rice this, autosalon that'. if you dont have the right offset then how can you be in a car show?

SCS is(was) a good thing for Adelaide, admit it, any car show in Adelaide is a good thing and can only help the scene, the people in the scene is what lets it down.

well said mate.

people should stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and worry about themselves!

not one with rice and rust is on display.

i remember the majority of a certain website drooling over a t18 with rusted out guards and body, but it was 'good' because the wheels filled the guards.

what a total crock of shit.

As most of you know, I'm one of the organisers of AJD - just letting those who didn't know know so there's no confusion.

One of the reasons AJD was even started was because of the concern that SCS was trying too hard to be another Auto Salon - wasting money bringing "high profile" cars from interstate and a heap of other smaller gripes that were coming up year after year that weren't being fixed.

Maybe it was as a result of our event, maybe they've even used some of the ideas from our event, who knows, but it looks like SCS has made some fairly significant changes for this year, and from what I can see, they're all for the better. It's a shame that they can't keep the cruise and the hillclimb going, but I know how much extra effort goes into such things and if the numbers aren't there, then it's a waste of time holding them.

My only real suggestion to SCS organisers would be to embrace the car club culture and promote club displays. AJD chose not to have them, and it would be a shame if SCS decided to do the same, given the support a number of clubs have shown the event over the years.

Given that SCS falls at the opposite end of the year to AJD, I don't see any reason why it needs to be made into a competition. People will obviously compare, that's human nature, but AJD isn't going to go out of its way to penalise entrants who also choose to do SCS. Our motive has always been about improving the car show scene in SA, so it'd be silly to try and stop people from attending SCS, particularly when organisers have made positive steps to improving their event.

Edited by Iron Chef

As most of you know, I'm one of the organisers of AJD - just letting those who didn't know know so there's no confusion.

One of the reasons AJD was even started was because of the concern that SCS was trying too hard to be another Auto Salon - wasting money bringing "high profile" cars from interstate and a heap of other smaller gripes that were coming up year after year that weren't being fixed.

Maybe it was as a result of our event, maybe they've even used some of the ideas from our event, who knows, but it looks like SCS has made some fairly significant changes for this year, and from what I can see, they're all for the better. It's a shame that they can't keep the cruise and the hillclimb going, but I know how much extra effort goes into such things and if the numbers aren't there, then it's a waste of time holding them.

My only real suggestion to SCS organisers would be to embrace the car club culture and promote club displays. AJD chose not to have them, and it would be a shame if SCS decided to do the same, given the support a number of clubs have shown the event over the years.

Given that SCS falls at the opposite end of the year to AJD, I don't see any reason why it needs to be made into a competition. People will obviously compare, that's human nature, but AJD isn't going to go out of its way to penalise entrants who also choose to do SCS. Our motive has always been about improving the car show scene in SA, so it'd be silly to try and stop people from attending SCS, particularly when organisers have made positive steps to improving their event.

well said, but your telling the wrong forums.. :mellow:

lol
i know what im laughing at..
so do i tim.

ALL 3 OF U CAN GO F*** URSELF AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED.

if your cars are so good then maybe you should enter gazza and show me how its done.......but ur not. your more interested in entering a piss arse show like SCS that going down the drain year after year, at least with Gazzanats, i can get out there on the track and have some FUN and not actually give a flyting F*** bout what anyone thinks.

Gazzanats = better than SCS.

If you would rather waste your time on a oval all day or you can get out there on the track and go have some real fun. i know where ill be...........if anyone wants to come say hello your more than welcome..........i got 2 trophies to defend.........................

well sorry vu.......

ive just had enough of everyone paying out my car when i go to do stuff - all cause she is n/a

but all you people that pay out my car have what to show?

a big turbo? yay. how exciting............how bout having 11 trophies sitting at home?

my car can, and has done a burnout. and a pretty good one for a lil n/a open wheeler.

i wasnt going to, but,

where is gazzanats?

why not SUPPORT the SA car scene, instead of telling us were wasting our time sitting on an oval? were going a long way to show some country kids what SA has to offer, no doubt half of them wouldnt have seen a Skyline before.

as far as im concerned people like you is what is wrong with the sa car scene.

im not arguing, but i have a strong point, and i like to push it.

by the way, couldnt give a shit how many trophies you have, it doesnt make you a nicer person.

Edited by ted180

i wasnt going to, but,

where is gazzanats?

why not SUPPORT the SA car scene, instead of telling us were wasting our time sitting on an oval? were going a long way to show some country kids what SA has to offer, no doubt half of them wouldnt have seen a Skyline before.

as far as im concerned people like you is what is wrong with the sa car scene.

im not arguing, but i have a strong point, and i like to push it.

by the way, couldnt give a shit how many trophies you have, it doesnt make you a nicer person.

dude ive done country shows before and there is always an import or two so dont think your gonna be anything new to the kids up there.

and i am supporting the SA car scene thank you very much............we have no drag strip atm so by suppoprting Gazzanats your helping in some way to show to whoever needs to be shown that there is interest out there..............just not for show and shines.