SAU Community

Removing Cement From Paint

BigDirtyJase

hey guys

i noticed that i've got specs of cement on my drivers side doors and side skirt. what is the best way to remove the specs of cement off my car without damaging the paint (which already may be too late)

I figured that it was caused by where i park my car at work (my work is right near the westgate freeway and i usually park on Whiteman St. i've seen a few cars that have the same issue as me)

any ideas are welcome

hey guys

i noticed that i've got specs of cement on my drivers side doors and side skirt. what is the best way to remove the specs of cement off my car without damaging the paint (which already may be too late)

I figured that it was caused by where i park my car at work (my work is right near the westgate freeway and i usually park on Whiteman St. i've seen a few cars that have the same issue as me)

any ideas are welcome

well I'm no expert, but cement is lime-based, isn't it? so, something that attacks lime may be the answer... eg. CLR (Calcium Lime and Rust). Does a dandy job of dissolving great holes in your garage's cement floor when u spill it...

hey guys

any ideas are welcome

go to bunnings and ask for some "liquid hammer heavy duty concrete remover". it comes in a small spray bottle. If they dont have it there go to a concreters warehouse. This will not hurt ur paint. I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. just spray it on and wait a few minutes then hose it off. Dont use CLR it will eat your paint an if u have any dramas let me know. Heres the link http://liquidhammer.com.au/home.htm

Edited by sturb25

go to bunnings and ask for some "liquid hammer heavy duty concrete remover". it comes in a small spray bottle. If they dont have it there go to a concreters warehouse. This will not hurt ur paint. I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. just spray it on and wait a few minutes then hose it off. Dont use CLR it will eat your paint an if u have any dramas let me know. Heres the link http://liquidhammer.com.au/home.htm

Yeh man this guy is right. CLR isn't good. Have you tried just soaking it for a while with soap and water, as cement isn't made to stick to paint... sometimes with a little soaking it softens up.

but if it is really stubborn, try the liquid hammer sugestion.

Go to an auto store and buy some "overspray clay" by 3M, or a Meguiars Claybar kit. Might cost you around $40-$50 but it's worth it, you'll most likely end up going over the whole car.

We had a car at work completely covered in cement specks from being parked next to a building getting built. Took a while but every bit of it we got off.

It's likely it will lightly scratch the paint though. If you're not handy with a buff, your favourite spray shop should be able to help you out.

Definatly don't go pouring all sorts of chemicals over your paint. They'll eat off every bit of polish and leave your paint raw, which'll lead to it fading....

And for the record I'm a new car detailer, have been for 4 years now.. ;)

Edited by Silhouette31