SAU Community

Exedy Twin Plate Clutch

belo

Hey,

I recently installed one of these clutches on my GTR.

When i first drove it, it bit like a b*h. Very little take up, had to ride it a bit so it wouldn't stall. Whilst changing gears, if i wasnt cautious, it would chirp all 4 and feel like the wheels were going to rip off.. lol

However, i noticed a real change after i had put approx. 145km on the clutch. The "chirpiness" disappeared and it seems like the clutch has lost its angry bite.

The clutch is still good and doesnt slip or anything, but has just lost that angry bite. (clutch now has 350+km on it)

Im just wondering if this is what other people have felt and if its normal. If not, what could have caused this?

Thanks

my driving style has changed but i dont think its changed much.

it used to chirp at low revs/speed. but now even if i release it quick, it doesnt chirp, just grips.

its like its cushioned

Thanks anyway

my driving style has changed but i dont think its changed much.

it used to chirp at low revs/speed. but now even if i release it quick, it doesnt chirp, just grips.

its like its cushioned

Thanks anyway

IS it cushioned?

Been running the exedy hyper twin for about 3000km. still a very aggressive take up, but as previously mentioned, i definately became more cautious about how i released the pedal.

Nah, never did...having said that i've got some really good rubber and a very aggressive camber, castor, toe out set up for the track, so it takes a bit to get it to chirp. Only thing i can think of is it will chirp less as the clutch beds itself in maybe?

I have the exact same clutch as you, for around 3000km now.

I have found that over time as the clutch beds in it becomes more and more drivable, and less aggressive although still grips very very well.

Another interesting thing is that for the first 500km when you depressed the clutch pedal there was a very loud plate rattle.

This is almost completely dissipated now, which is good.

Exedy twin plate in my 89 GTR with about 10,000km of daily driving on it.

Still bunny-hopping around town like an idiot because the bite is so hard and take-up is so short.

Also ridiculously heavy for my weedy legs, which might have something to do with it. :/