SAU Community

V35 Increased Performace

best to check out the v-series skyline section. a large portion of the stuff here is more RB related than VQ.

however any general induction and exhaustion mods will reap good gains as most cars come with restrictive systems from factory.

best to check out the v-series skyline section. a large portion of the stuff here is more RB related than VQ.

however any general induction and exhaustion mods will reap good gains as most cars come with restrictive systems from factory.

Thanks for that , where is the v-skyline section ??

I believe the standard exhaust system for the VQ engined cars is pretty good from factory, limiting gains for aftermarket parts.

No there not very good at all, exhaust and headers will see good gains.

On the induction side of things all the jap tuners seem to stick with the factory airbox, panel filter and a 350z intake tube, where as the yanks all swear by the JWT pop charger (pod air filter with cold partition.

Personally i think mine went a little better with it on.. ill hopefully be doing a back to back dyno on tuesday should be interesting.

A computer or unichip with a good tune will also see good gains.

• 2 weeks later...
No there not very good at all, exhaust and headers will see good gains.

I saw some pretty good gains with my catback on the Z33 just by itself, equal to when I did the extractors and cats and had my Unichip retuned to suit. The catback was a lot cheaper to do, though.

On the induction side of things all the jap tuners seem to stick with the factory airbox, panel filter and a 350z intake tube, where as the yanks all swear by the JWT pop charger (pod air filter with cold partition.

The Popcharger is great for noise, but does sweet FA for power from what I could feel. You're better off with just a drop-in K&N filter, performance-wise.

Hey alan,

Just had mine on the dyno again with the pop charger on this time and a different exhaust and im 10kw's down across the board. The exhaust change went from cannons to tri-flows at the rear the rest remained the same, headers to 2 1/2" pipe, highflow cats and x pipe. Might look into a brand name exhaust down the track, i still hate the exhaust note currently, it sounds like a bloody honda... and i would like that 10kw's back...

Fark, that sucks. I'd want that power back too - its not like we started with that much.

I heard a Fuji catback on mxfly's Z33, and I really like that note it made. It had a distinct turbine-like sound to it, kind of like Holden V8s do. It sounded really good.

I don't know what he was running north of the catback, since the car was being returned to stock for sale, but it wasn't particularly loud either.

Hey guys, I THOUGHT I WOULD POST THIS UP.... im still under the cloud wether to go f/i or keep the vq as a N/A breathing machine...

After hours on the net browsing different options, ive come past this, its still preety new in the states and not many guys have done it yet.....

The main problem they are finding is that this set up genreates alot of heat -though a simple custom airbox could do the trick like the one below found in on an alfa(pictured below)...... i know F/I is the easiest way to get horsepower... though the N/A sound is one that i cant just let go of.. especially after i get these tomei headers...

post-55721-1224394574_thumb.jpg

post-55721-1224394580_thumb.jpg

post-55721-1224394588_thumb.jpg