Model: 1984 DR30 RS Turbo FJ20 Coupe

Milage: 110000

Transmission:5 speed manual

Colour: Silver

Complied? Yes

RWC supplied? regoed in NSW

Currently registered? till January 2009

Price: around $20k

Thinking of finally buying a GTR after many years deliberating but will only do so if my beloved DR30 goes to a good home and for the right price. We all know these machines have appreciated in value in recent years and this is probably one of the best in Australia. I was going to keep the DR and buy a GTR to put beside it but a new place and finances will prevent this. Dont really want to let go of the DR unless I could find something else exactly what I was looking for. Hence my swap list at the bottom of the post.

1984 DR30 RS Coupe

FJ20 Turbo

110700 kms

Volk Racing 16 inch rims with correct offset

Bilstein Suspension

Brand New Strut Brace not yet fitted

Almost mint paint.

Air con regassed and seals done in December 2007

Jan 2009 NSW rego with DR30XX plates

3 inch catback exhaust

Alpine CD with iPod input, 6.5 inch clarion speakers on new carpeted parcel shelf, Pioneers in front doors, completely retrimmed interior and boot (original colour scheme but with a mixture of leather/tweed trim). Clarion shallow mount sub and amp

Always garaged and pampered

Won best Classic in 2007 Skylines Australia Show in Sydney

2370358400041313032suNuYy_th.jpg

2428214660041313032DEsFku_th.jpg

2019157250041313032isLALx_th.jpg

2901797400041313032lTkHrE_th.jpg

2929994910041313032EwYKfZ_th.jpg

2149113570041313032LFWXbW_th.jpg

2904806430041313032PbWovB_th.jpg

2066257850041313032LMHuPF_th.jpg

2314475160041313032pkuYxb_th.jpg

2536010590041313032kXWYmI_th.jpg

2466537880041313032VTVYEz_th.jpg

2892614530041313032vzpjAU_th.jpg

Ok in terms of swaps I would consider the following with cash adjustment your way:

Aussie delivered 1991 R32 GTR

1994 R32 V Spec II GTR

1997/1998 R33 Series 3 V Spec GTR

they must also be in comparable immaculate condition with low kms. Modifications ok but must be mild and in keeping with the originality of the car. Colour preference is black, silver, grey, white, blue, maroon. Definitely not purple! (sorry just personal choice :P )

Obviously would prefer NSW car as it would be an easier transaction.

Contact Steve on 0414342094

• 3 months later...

New Year and thinking of another car (terrible New Years afflictions!). If no joy she remains in the garage.

Now done 111000 kms (only done 300 kms in the last 4 months!)

Swaps as per before but would also consider mint KGC10 or KGC110 GTR replica or mint RB powered 240Z/260Z with appropriate cash adjustments.

• 1 month later...
New Year and thinking of another car (terrible New Years afflictions!). If no joy she remains in the garage.

Now done 111000 kms (only done 300 kms in the last 4 months!)

Swaps as per before but would also consider mint KGC10 or KGC110 GTR replica or mint RB powered 240Z/260Z with appropriate cash adjustments.

Got a good lead on an Aussie delivered GTR from a mate. I need to move fast on that one and will take $16k firm for the DR. She is currently getting all the fluids changed to keep everything fresh. If I miss out on the R32 I will take the DR off the market.

cheers

• 1 month later...
Got a good lead on an Aussie delivered GTR from a mate. I need to move fast on that one and will take $16k firm for the DR. She is currently getting all the fluids changed to keep everything fresh. If I miss out on the R32 I will take the DR off the market.

cheers

Now regoed until Feb 2010 and had all the fluids changed. Aircon was also regassed and suspension tweaked. I am thinking of a change in direction and considering a tarmac rally car. The DR is too nice to do that and so it is still available. Chuck me a reasonable offer and I will consider it.

cheers

• 3 weeks later...
Now regoed until Feb 2010 and had all the fluids changed. Aircon was also regassed and suspension tweaked. I am thinking of a change in direction and considering a tarmac rally car. The DR is too nice to do that and so it is still available. Chuck me a reasonable offer and I will consider it.

cheers

Will accept $15k. Thanks for your interest.

• 4 weeks later...
hey there...

is the engine farily standard??

any idea of power output?

No engine work. Only change is the 3 inch exhaust cat back. It has been recently serviced with all the fluids changed including gear box oil, clutch fluid etc. No idea of output, prob pretty much standard power of around 150kw but in a lightweight DR they are certainly quick enough.

• 3 weeks later...
No engine work. Only change is the 3 inch exhaust cat back. It has been recently serviced with all the fluids changed including gear box oil, clutch fluid etc. No idea of output, prob pretty much standard power of around 150kw but in a lightweight DR they are certainly quick enough.

$15k firm. Rego till January 2010. Absolutely nothing to spend. I have my eye on a nice tarmac rally machine which I hope to settle the deal on in a few weeks.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
My DR stock standard with a full 3" from turbo exhaust did 119rwkw so I'd say it would be around there if not a little lower due to standard dump and front pipe.

Always wondered what they would put out at the wheels...cheers.

Car is going on Carpoint this weekend. If you want a usable classic with no faults and show winning condition, here is your opportunity.

cheers

• 2 weeks later...
Always wondered what they would put out at the wheels...cheers.

Car is going on Carpoint this weekend. If you want a usable classic with no faults and show winning condition, here is your opportunity.

cheers

My new beastie has now arrived and whilst I have access to my mates garage to store the DR30 I dont want to wear out my welcome long term. It is now on carpoint but the asking price there is not reflective of what I sell it to a genuine Skyline enthusiast. PM or give me a call if you are interested.

cheers

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hey, i'm keen on the car but only problem is i live in vic. Do you know how hard it is to transfer the car over from nsw to vic reg? I dont mind the drive but i just wouldnt want any headaches transfering the reg over.

I not really sure on rego requirements in Victoria. My golden rule has always to buy a car in my own state to avoid those hassles.

Nevertheless, it has import improval (TIC sticker under the bonnet) and had an engineers certificate lodged with the NSW RTA when it was imported (i.e australian spec seat belts, side intrusion bars fitted etc). Everything works so a RWC should be no problem. The only thing that would need to be done for a fresh engineers approval in Victoria (if required) would be to re fit the child restraint harness bolts in the rear parcel shelf (I removed them when I put in the new parcel shelf as my kids are old enough now).

I suggest you contact VicRoads and ask them as I would hate for it to go pear shaped!!

cheers

• 2 weeks later...